Class Tips, Fees and Policies
How to Sign Up for Classes or Camps
Our registration site is mobile friendly and is the primary way we take payments. Most of our class venues do not have a receptionist so it’s a great help to the instructor if you take care of this yourself in advance.
Breathing Space Class and Purchase Policies
By registering for a class or camp with Breathing Space, you agree to the following policies:
Enrollment and Attendance
- Classes are offered in multi-class sessions requiring registration. No drop-ins permitted in kids and family classes for crawling tots or older children.
- Please register the child participant in all kids and family classes.
- One adult must be present for any class described as family yoga or for children under 4 years old: Family Yoga, Preschooler Yoga, Tot Yoga, etc. Up to two adults are welcome to participate these classes on weekly basis and the same adult need not be present every time.
- In order to create a safe space for the children and because of limited studio space, we request that students not bring observers to class. If grandparents or other special guests wish to see class, please encourage them to participate.
Kids and tweens yoga classes not described as family classes are for the children only. Due to limited studio space and to respect the students, family members and friends are asked not to observe these classes. Many of our venues are near cafes and shops.
Course material is cumulative so drop-ins are not allowed. Families that miss a class are welcome to do an appropriate drop-in in another postnatal class as a makeup or attend the same week in a subsequent series.
Please pay for your drop-in class or class pass in advance. Several of our class venues have limited point-of-sale options and instructors do not accept cash. Our registration site is mobile friendly and accepts drop-in payments right up until class starts.
- Single classes must be used within 30 days of purchase.
- Flex-passes (10-class) expire 6 months from date of purchase and all classes must be attended by that date.
- Membership auto renew monthly and are valid in any prenatal or postnatal class.
Reservations are recommended, but not required for most drop-in classes. If you signed up but plans have changed, you can cancel your reservation until 15 minutes before class start time by sending a simple email to email@example.com Reservations that are not used and not cancelled are deducted from your class pass. Students who do not arrive on time for class my have their spot given to a waitlist or walk-in student.
Series Registration in Baby & Me Yoga
- Baby & Me students also have the option of signing up for a 6-8 week series of consecutive classes at the same discount as a 10-class flex pass. Makeup policies apply to this offer.
Our children’s and family classes and some special topics are offered in multi-week series with students committing to multiple consecutive classes. There are lots of benefits to committing to a weekly class but we understand that modern life is busy and sometimes unpredictable. If you must miss a class, you have three options to make it up:
- Any family member may take any other appropriate class within 4 weeks of the scheduled series, even in advance – this means the same class on a alternate day or something different;
- If there is space in your class, you may bring a friend as your make-up class (instead of option 1). Please confirm space availability with your instructor.
How do I reserve a makeup class? No advanced registration is required to take a make-up class but it an RSVP always appreciated. Simply email to let us know you are coming.
I really am only able to attend a couple classes, can I drop-in? For adult or parent & pre-crawler classes, yes. That means Prenatal Yoga, Postnatal Yoga, Baby & Me Yoga. We do not allow drop-ins for any class focused on children crawling or older.
For safety and consideration of your fellow students and comfort of your child, please do not bring sick children to class or camp.
Please keep your child(ren) home from class if they are experiencing any of the following: Fever, vomiting, an unexplained rash, diarrhea, conjunctivitis, mouth sores (especially in the oral-staged children), persistent and frequent cough that interferes with your child’s class involvement or poses a risk to others, extremely runny nose, or any other contagious illness.
Please note that older children too sick to attend school should not be tagging along to yoga class.
We have a very liberal make-up policy so please take advantage of that if your child (or you) is ill.
Unfortunately it is not possible to do a makeup from camp. See our camp policies for more details.
Can I send my wife/husband/mother/grandmother/nanny/neighbor to class with my child instead of me sometimes?
Absolutely. Your child is welcome to bring any grownup they want with them to class. Up to 2 caregivers may attend class on a weekly basis. Additional visitors may attend occasionally and are encouraged to participate. Please be considerate of space constraints when bringing guests.
Can we do a trial class or drop into a Tot, Preschooler, Family, Kids or Tween Yoga class occasionally?
Nope, sorry. We don’t offer drop-in options for classes for crawling or older children or trial classes during the regular session. Children really do need the consistency of a weekly class both for comfort and so they can best learn and drop-ins can be disruptive to the class routine. Read more.
Since it often takes several classes for a child to settle in, dropping in once is not really the best indicator of whether your child will enjoy class. However, we get that it can be tough to commit to a class when you can’t imagine what happens or how your child will react, so:
- We occasionally offer trial/drop-in days, when the teacher will spend a little extra time explaining the class routine and parents get a chance to see a class in action.
- We have a no-risk refund policy. If you register for a class and decide for any reason it’s a bad fit for you, your child, or your schedule, and you decide early in the series, you can drop the class and get a prorated refund. See details.
We also understand that life is unpredictable and have a generous makeup policy for families that wish to commit to a series but know they will miss a class or two.
That may not work. There isn’t a lot to entertain big kids at baby yoga, but we have occasionally had parents bring older children, mostly when other plans for them have fallen through or school is closed. Siblings are welcome in that circumstance. We do not recommend bringing older children on a weekly basis.
If you need to bring your older child, we recommend bringing quiet toys or books and arriving a few minutes early to set up a space for your child and to set expectations. Please check in with the instructor ahead of time if possible.
If we hold class on a day that school is closed, we’ll be very flexible in our planning. If there were ever enough demand for childcare during one of our series, we would definitely consider that. If you want to take class with a toddler and infant regularly, consider attending Little Families Yoga instead or doing a makeup in that class if you decide to skip rather than attend baby yoga.
Yes. If you know you will be out of town or will miss class for any reason, feel free to take your makeup class whenever it’s convenient in the same session.
This is particularly helpful for prenatal and postnatal students who expect babies to arrive or maternity leaves to end before a session is over. Feel free come more than once a week as your schedule permits.
We allow one makeup to carry over into a different session, within a month of the original series dates, so feel free to come a couple weeks before or after your class begins or ends.
Pricing and Discounts
Children’s and family yoga (crawling babies to teen) is offered in multi-class series, like semesters, no drop-ins.
- Prices for series are a based on a $18 per visit rate and vary depending length of the series, with a per visit discount for series longer than 10 weeks. For example:
- 7 week series = $126
- 10 week series = $180
- 12 week series = $192
Up to two (2) caregivers may attend family classes with the registered child. The same adult need not attend every week.
Siblings must be enrolled with the exception of non-walking infants or siblings on school-closed days.
Should you need to miss a class in your session, we have a very flexible makeup policy.
- Pay by the class: Single class drop-ins for prenatal or postnatal classes cost $20; Good for 90 days from date of purchase.
- Multi-class flex-passes: When students commit to take 10 classes, they are eligible for a per class discounts. At $17 per class, a 10-class flex pass costs $170.
Valid for 6 months from purchase in any prenatal or postnatal class, including Baby & Me.
Good for prenatal and postnatal classes only; within 30 days of purchase.
- Baby & Me Series registration:
- Parents can also commit to a series of 5-8 consecutive classes for $18 per class. For example, 5 classes is $90. See series listings for dates offered.
- Series registration is available for the first 1/3 of the series only. After that point, students may still drop in, but discounted registration is not available. Series makeup policies apply.
- Unlimited Prenatal/Postnatal Membership: At $75 per month with a minimum 3-month commitment, membership offers the cheapest per class price. Twice weekly attendance costs less than $10 per visit with membership.
- A membership pass is valid in any weekly prenatal or postnatal yoga class, including Baby & Me Yoga. Membership auto-renews until cancelled with at least 15 days notice.
- Memberships may be frozen for 6 weeks upon birth of a baby. Simply notify us and freeze will be effective from baby’s birthdate.
- Members are also eligible for 10% discount off registration in children’s or family yoga series or prenatal workshops.
- All prices at include 5.75% fitness tax.
The following discounts apply to full series registration of multi-week classes only:
- Siblings – Siblings registering for the same class are eligible for a 50% discount after the first registration. See individual class descriptions for policies about younger and older siblings outside the stated class age range. All siblings older than 1 year must register for class.
- Long series – When series are longer than 10 weeks, we offer a per class discount. Final price is posted. No code required.
- Non-profit/fixed income/teachers/military discount – We offer a 10 percent discount to non-profit employees, military families, or persons on a fixed income if it makes attendance possible. Please contact us for the code.
Discounts codes do not combine. The registration system automatically applies the largest possible discount. Staff are unable to retroactively add discounts.
Yes, one adult can bring more than one child to class.
- Baby & Me Yoga – Yes, you can bring twins. No need to register both, simply put them both in your account profile, sign one up, and join us. If you are bringing two adults, you must register both children. Sibling discounts will apply.
- Tot Yoga – Yes, twins, siblings. and nanny-shares are welcome, however all children between crawling-24 months must be registered. Sibling discounts automatically apply. See below for nanny-share discount. No need to register non-mobile younger siblings. They are welcome to simply tag along with parent/caregiver.
- Little Family Yoga – Again, twins, younger siblings, and nanny-shares are welcome. This is the age range we most often see younger siblings. All children older than 1 year must register for class. Sibling discounts automatically apply. See below for nanny-share discount. No need to register non-mobile younger siblings. They are welcome to simply tag along with parent/caregiver.
- Family Yoga – Siblings up to one year younger or older than the target age range are welcome to register for Family Yoga classes. For example, 3-year-olds are welcome in classes with the stated range of 4-8 yrs. If you have any questions about the appropriateness of class for your child, please contact us. Sibling discounts are automatic.
Please contact us with any additional questions or to discuss situations that don’t fit the above scenarios.
Nanny Share Registration
All children must be added to their own parent’s account in our registration system. Please do not add an unrelated nanny-share child to your profile. Their parents must set up an account and accept our terms & conditions.
If a nanny-share misses a class, the whole share is welcome to make up class on an alternate day or parents of the enrolled students are may do a makeup on the weekend.
Families registering as part of a nanny share (one caregiver bringing multiple unrelated children) are are eligible for a 10% discount with the code NANNYSHARE18. Discounts must be taken during registration and cannot be applied retroactively.
Refunds, Withdraws, Cancellations
Student cancellations are subject to our refund policies for classes, camps, or workshops respectively.
What if Breathing space cancels?
In the event that Breathing Space Family Yoga cancels a class session or event before it starts, full refunds will be issued. If a session is cancelled due to low enrollment or other reason after it has begun, prorated refunds will be issued.
Inclement Weather Policy
We will make every effort to hold class as scheduled, even during inclement weather. If our class venue is open and an instructor can safely get there, we will very likely hold class.
Cancellations and updates will be posted on Facebook and Twitter as soon as a decision is made, normally 2 hours before class. Registered students will be notified of cancellations by email. If the cancelled class cannot be rescheduled, credits will be issued to all registered students.
Withdrawals requested in writing will be processed and refunded as follows:
- More Than 7 Days Before Series Start: Refund issued in full minus the $5 processing fee. Fee waived when applying balance to another registration.
- More Than 48 Hours Before Series Start: Refund issued in at the No Risk Refund Policy rate or 80% minus $5 processing fee, whichever is greater.
- After The Series Start but More Than 48 hours Before the Halfway Point: Refunds will be prorated for the classes that have passed in the session, not the ones you have actually attended, and issued minus a $5 processing fee. Fee waived when applying the balance to a future registration.
- No refunds issued beyond the halfway point in a series.
- Unused multi-class passes are refundable for 30 days from purchase date.
- Used passes are not refundable.
About Pass Expirations
Multi-class passes are offered at a discount of $2 per class. This is an agreement with us and with yourself that you will attend 10 classes within 6 months. Because we understand that life is unpredictable, unexpired passes may be extended for an additional 6 months for a $20 fee (effectively forgoing the discount). Passes that expired more than 90 days prior may also be extended but may be subject to additional fees if our prices have increased since your pass was purchased.
Single Date Non-Camp Workshops
- More Than 7 Days Before Session/Event: Refund or credit issued in full minus a $5 or 4% processing fee (whichever is larger).
- More Than 48 Hours Before Session/Event: Refund issued in at 80% minus $5 processing fee.
- No refunds within 48 hours of an event.
Because your reservation represents a space in class or camp that was held for you and not available for purchase by other students, there are no refunds issued after the dates listed above. Under extraordinary circumstances, we will suspend registration to be used in a later session.
School Year / Day-off Camp
Registration may be credited to a future camp or refunded (minus $10 processing fee) until 14 days before a scheduled camp.
Within 14 days of a camp day, refunds/credits are only available if a waitlisted camper takes the spot (processing fee still applies) Camps often sell out well in advance. The further in advance you tell us about your camper’s change of plans, the more likely it is that we fill your spot.
Registrations cancelled before May 31 will be issued minus the $100 non-refundable portion of tuition or switched to any other available week at no charge.
Refunds will only be issued after May 31 if a waitlisted camper takes the available spot, but switching weeks is still be option, space permitting.
Because your reservation represents a space in camp that was held for you and not available for purchase by other students, there are no refunds issued after the dates listed above. Under extraordinary circumstances, we will suspend registration to be used in a later session.
See Refund FAQs for more information.
We often here from parents that they are hesitant to enroll if they aren’t sure their child will enjoy a class. We get it. That’s why we have our:
No Risk Refund Policy – Not sure if a kids & family series class will be right for you or your child? Register and come to the first class. If you notify us in writing within 48 hours after the first class that you will not be able to continue the session, we refund all but $2o for that first class.
We are also very flexible about switching classes for students who have nap time shifts during the course of a series. For example, if your child is enrolled in an 11 am class and starts napping at that time, we’ll happily switch her into one of our 9 or 9:30 am classes instead.