Kids & Family Classes
Classes are offered in multi-class sessions requiring registration. No drop-ins permitted in kids and family classes.
- Please register the child participant in all kids and family classes.
- One adult must be present for any class described as family yoga or for children under 4 years old: Family Yoga, Preschooler Yoga, Tot Yoga, etc. Up to two adults are welcome to participate these classes on weekly basis and the same adult need not be present every time.
- In order to create a safe space for the children and because of limited studio space, we request that students not bring observers to class. If grandma or grandpa wishes to see class, please encourage them to participate.
- Online registration closes after the third of any session. Late registration is automatically prorated during that period.
Kids and tweens yoga classes not described as family classes are for the children only. Due to limited studio space and to respect the students, family members and friends are asked not to observe these classes.
Course material is cumulative so drop-ins are not allowed. Families that miss a class are welcome to do an appropriate drop-in in another postnatal class as a makeup or attend the same week in a subsequent series.
For safety and consideration of your fellow students and comfort of your child, please do not bring sick children to class.
Please keep your child(ren) home from class if they are experiencing any of the following: Fever, vomiting, an unexplained rash, diarrhea, conjunctivitis, mouth sores (especially in the oral-staged children), persistent and frequent cough that interferes with your child’s class involvement or poses a risk to others, extremely runny nose, or any other contagious illness. We have a very liberal make-up policy so please take advantage of that if your child (or you) is ill.
Please note that older children too sick to attend school should not be tagging along to yoga class.
No doubt modern family life is busy and can be unpredictable. By committing to an entire series of a class, you and/or your child benefit from the continuity of a regular practice and your instructor is able to plan classes that build upon poses and skills practiced in previous classes. If you must miss a class, you have three options to make it up:
- Any family member may take any other appropriate class within 4 weeks of the scheduled series, even in advance – this means the same class at a different day or time or something different;
- If there is space in your class, you may bring a friend as your make-up class. Please confirm space availability with your instructor.
- You may carry one class over into a subsequent session by taking a registration discount on your next full series registration. Check your email or contact us for the discount code. (Please note: We cannot apply discounts or makeup credits retroactively. Does not apply seasonal/special partial registration options (e.g. summer series: 6 out of 8 classes).
No need to reserve makeups in kids & family classes. Simply show up a few minutes before class and let the teacher know you are doing a makeup.
Makeups in prenatal/postnatal classes. Kids and family series student families are welcome to take a prenatal or postnatal class as a makeup. Simply show up and let the teacher know you are doing a makeup.
More questions? See our Makeup Class FAQ
Prenatal, Postnatal Drop-in Classes – Adults and Precrawlers
Please pay for your drop-in class or class pass in advance. Several of our class venues have limited point-of-sale options and instructors do not accept cash. Our registration site is mobile friendly and accepts drop-in payments right up until class starts.
Reservations are recommended, but not required for most drop-in classes. If you signed up but plans have changed, you can cancel your reservation until 15 minutes before class start time by sending a simple email to email@example.com Reservations that are not used and not cancelled are deducted from your class pass.
Reservations are strongly recommended in very full classes – such as Saturday morning and Wednesday evening prenatal yoga. Students who do not arrive on time for class my have their spot given to a waitlist or walk-in student.