Kids & Family Classes
Classes are offered in multi-class sessions requiring registration. No drop-ins permitted in kids and family classes.
- Please register the child participant in all kids and family classes.
- One adult must be present for any class described as family yoga or for children under 4 years old: Family Yoga, Preschooler Yoga, Tot Yoga, Baby & Me. Up to two adults are welcome to participate these classes on weekly basis and the same adult need not be present every time.
- In order to create a safe space for the children and because of limited studio space, we request that students not bring observers to class. If grandma or grandpa wishes to see class, please encourage them to participate.
- Online registration closes after the first 3 weeks of any session. Late registration is automatically prorated during that period.
Kids and tweens yoga classes not described as family classes are for the children only. Due to limited studio space and to respect the students, family members and friends are asked not to observe these classes.
Adult Classes – Prenatal, Postnatal, Adult Series and Pilates
Classes prioritize full series registration, usually 6-10 weeks long. Students who must miss classes may take advantage of our generous makeup policies (below).
Partial registration is an option for prenatal or postnatal students whose due dates or maternity leaves don’t align with series dates or for Pilates Mat students with planned travel. Students must commit to at least half the classes in a series to receive the discounted partial registration cost of $18 per class. Partial registration options for Prenatal Yoga and Baby & Me Yoga are posted online. Pilates Mat students should contact us about their schedules. Makeup policies still apply for unexpected absences but makeup credits do not roll over into subsequent series. Contact us with specific classes requested or register in person.
Read more about why you should commit to a weekly class.
Our public prenatal, postnatal, and adult yoga or Pilates series classes prioritize full series registration, but if there are unregistered spots in class, drop-in students are welcome to attend ($20).
- Check that your desired class is not marked “FULL” in the registration system or in the notes field on our google calendar;
- Purchase a single drop-in credit;
- Arrive at your desired class a few minutes ahead of time.
There is no online reservation option for drop-ins but it is always best to let us know by email that you are coming.
No single class drop-ins to any class for children/teens from crawling or older or any class marked “FULL” in the title or notes field.
Teens in Adult Yoga Classes
Teens (mature 12+) are welcome in our adult yoga classes. Teens 15 and younger must be accompanied by an adult participant. Children under 12 are not permitted in these classes.
No doubt modern family life is busy and can be unpredictable. By committing to an entire session of a class, you and/or your child benefit from the continuity of a regular practice and your instructor is able to plan classes that build upon poses and skills practiced in previous classes. If you must miss a class, you have three options to make it up:
- Any family member may take any other appropriate class during the same session – this means a similar class or something different (for example: prenatal students can bring their older children to kids class or parents of enrolled children can take Pilates Mat or prenatal or postnatal);
- If there is space in your class, you may bring a friend as your make-up class. Please confirm space availability with your instructor.
- You may carry one class over into a subsequent session by taking a registration discount on your next series. Use “session-makeup” when registering to take your credit. (Please note: We cannot apply discounts or makeup credits retroactively. This policy does not apply to partial registrations.)
More questions? See our Makeup Class FAQ