Breathing Space is looking for a few more team members in a variety of capacities:
- Yoga Camp Teachers and Aftercare Coordinators – We are looking for experienced fun-makers to help run our DCPS day-off and summer camps. Teachers work with the camp director to develop and execute activities to fit the camp theme. Experience teaching camps, kids yoga (please indicate your training and certification on your application), arts and crafts, games, or outdoor activities highly desired. Candidates must be 18 years or older and pass a background check. Summer teaching hours are 8:15-4:30 pm M-F, must work full weeks. Aftercare coordinators work from 3-6 pm or 11 am-6 pm M-F depending on staffing needs and interest. Apply!
- Yoga Camp Assistants – We are looking for candidates who love kids to help run our DCPS day-off and summer camps. Our assistants are part of our leadership team, but do not need yoga teaching experience. Our day shift is 8:15 am-4:30 pm M-F. Our afternoon shift is variable by week, 11 am-6pm or 3-6 pm M-F. We are looking for candidates who can work full weeks or a regular multi-week schedule (ie. Tu/Th) for the afternoon shift. Teens welcome to apply. Candidates 18 yrs+ must present a recent background check or be willing to undergo one. Apply!
- Yoga Camp CITs – Counselors in training ideally are at least 12-year-old volunteers who participate in summer camp and assist counselors in group management and activity preparation or logistics. Rising 5th and 6th graders will also be considered. This is a volunteer position.
- Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant – This is a very part-time position helping the owner stay on top of deposit, bills, payroll, etc. Requires knowledge of Quickbooks and small business accounting. Hours are extremely flexible. Could be combined with customer service and other administrative duties for additional hours. Pay commensurate with experience.
- Guest Instructors: Children’s, Prenatal or Postnatal Yoga – We are looking to build up our guest instructor list for classes for all ages. This list is where we look first to fill regular teaching positions.
Contact us for more details on any of the above positions. To apply, please submit a cover letter outlining availability (including which summer camp weeks are preferred) and interests and two references along with a resume (optional for teens) Background check required for any position involving children.