This class is a blend of yoga-inspired movement, songs and baby play for newborn to pre-crawling babies as well as postpartum-appropriate yoga for parents.
Babies do yoga activities on the floor on their backs or bellies or in caregiver’s arms.
For parents, we’ll explore strength- and flexibility-building postures, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques to address common physical complaints and mental/emotional stressors during the postpartum/new-parent period.
Most appropriate from 6-weeks until baby is mobile. Dads, grandparents or other caregivers welcome. No previous yoga experience necessary; be prepared/dressed for for movement.
- Baby & Me classes do use yoga mats, but most venues have enough to lend if you’d rather not carry one.
- Please bring a small blanket to cover the studio mats/blankets and a small toy to use during class.
- Please wear comfortable, stretchy clothes that are not too loose. While this is a movement class, it is not what most would describe as a workout, so full yoga/exercise attire is not necessary. Wear clothing that will allow you to sit on the floor and move around easily (jeans are typically not ideal).
- Expect your baby to be a baby and know that their voice is welcome. Crying, eating, diaper changes, and sleeping is all perfectly fine during class.
Venue: Realignment Studio, 641 Pennsylvania Ave SE, downstairs.
- Students are kindly asked to remove shoes before entering the classroom space. Most belongings can be left in reception area cubbies, but feel free to bring valuables into the room.
- All of our classes are in the downstairs studio, down a flight of stairs. Small folding strollers are welcome inside but please leave jogging-style or bulky strollers outside. We have a long cable lock for students lock up bikes or strollers. Contact us about the combination. For safety reasons, strollers cannot be left in the stairway or on landings.
- Please bring only water or milk/formula in closed top containers into the yoga classroom. Breastfeeding is always welcome.
- Please pack dirty diapers away with you. Do not leave them in the studio trash cans. Thanks