Family Yoga & Mindfulness Winter Workshop Series
Family Yoga is structured like an age-appropriate kids yoga class – with poses, sequences, mindfulness activities, songs, and games, and an emphasis activities for parents and children to do together. Classes often revolve around philosophical, seasonal, or narrative themes and always include some form of quiet relaxation.
Winter Second Sundays Workshop Series
- January 14 – Cozy yoga – It’s cold outside, so let’s inject warmth into our bodies, hearts, and family connections! We’ll breathe, move, reflect and cuddle up. Bring your favorite blanket or wrap, and anything else that makes you feel extra cozy – pajamas welcome.
- February 11 – Love – Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your little love bugs, family yoga style! We’ll breathe, move, and play games to foster affection and connection.
- March 11 – Gratitude – Celebrate your good luck! We’ll use movement and mindfulness to discover the awe and wonder of everyday life – and find that rainbow and pot of gold that’s inside of YOU.
- April 8 – Bloom – Join us for a nature-themed class to welcome new possibilities as the world wakes up from winter. Through poses, dance, connection, and contemplation, we’ll celebrate what makes you blossom!
- May 13 – Mom & me – Treat yourself to a special Mother’s Day yoga class with your littles. We’ll use breath, movement, massage, and art to connect, rejuvenate, and shower you, mom, with love!
Where: Shenanigan’s Art Space, 316 F Street NE, basement
How Much: Your best deal is to commit to all 5 classes at $90 for the first parent/child pair. Standard makeup policies apply. Families can drop into individual classes for $25 per pair or $60 for any 3 classes. Additional children are 50% off. No charge for a second adult.
Siblings welcome: Register the first child and then contact us to pay half price additional children. No charge for up to two parents/caregivers attending. Recommend bringing a second adult if any siblings are younger than 4 years old.
Our 4 year old yogis are welcome in this class or in Preschooler Family Yoga. Family Yoga activities are a bit more challenging, games have more complex rules, and we ask students to stay on their yoga mats more than classes for 2-4 year olds. Please don’t hesitate to contact us about choosing the right class.