Teen/Tween Yoga & Mindfulness (9-15 yrs) – Winter Workshop Series
Yoga class provides a non-competitive environment for older children and teens to explore more complex poses and asana than in classes for younger children, as well breathing exercises, movement games, and much-needed relaxation.
Students learn techniques for concentrating, reducing stress, and connecting to their bodies in a loving way. Classes often revolve around a philosophical theme and may include discussion, journaling, or mindful art. These 90 minute workshops allow preteens to both enjoy a physical practice and dive into a philosophical topic.
Winter 2018 1st Sunday Workshop Series
- December 17 – Season of Peace – Take some time in this busy season to slow down and enjoy some peaceful yoga. We will practice calming breathing exercises, move through grounding yoga poses, share some deep relaxation, and create a take-home reminder of our peaceful moments.
- January 7 – Be Bold – Let’s try new things in the new year! This workshop will provide a non-competitive, safe place for trying arm balances and challenging yoga poses step-by-step. We will practice breathing exercises that energize us, work on creating meaningful goals for 2018, and enjoy playful yoga.
- February 4 – Compassion in Action – We will practice breathing and yoga poses to build compassion for ourselves and then work together on a service activity to share our compassion with the community. Please bring 2-3 toiletry items for donation.
- March 4 – Power of Positive – We will use breathing and yoga poses to celebrate our strengths. This class will provide a place to explore what makes us each unique and to enjoy these qualities through movement, community, writing, and art.
- April 15 – Connected – This class will explore the ways that we are connected to each other, to our community, and to the world. Breathing, yoga poses, and group activities will build a sense of community and we will find commonalities with teens around the world through music and games.
- May 6 – Why Nature? – Using the world around us, we will celebrate spring and new possibilities. Breathing and yoga poses will celebrate nature while we learn to be mindful and appreciate all that we can do. Please bring something from nature that you think is beautiful!
- June 3 – Attitude and Gratitude – As we reflect on the closing school year and look ahead, we will use breathing, yoga, and mindfulness to celebrate all that we have. We will discuss cultivating gratitude as a daily exercise and create gratitude jars to guide our practice.
How Much: The best deal is to commit to all 7 classes at $126. Standard makeup policies apply. Students can drop into individual classes for $25 or commit to any 4 classes for $80. Classes not meeting minimum 8 students enrolled 7 days in advance may be cancelled.