We love outings. Past camps have visited the following public-transit accessible destinations:
- Smithsonian Air & Space Museum,
- Museum of Natural History, and
- American History Museum,
- the Renwick Gallery,
- the National Gallery of Art,
- the DC DOE Aquatic Resources and Education Center,
- the Botanic Garden,
- the fire department,
- Capitol Hill Arts Workshop,
- Kingman Island, and even
- the National Zoo and
- gone on an Anacostia river boat tour with RiverKeeper!
We take metrobus, metrorail, and our feet to these destinations. Campers should be prepared for a decent amount of walking and for carrying their backpack/lunch wherever we go.