We will do lots of yoga and yoga games, but that’s not all. We’ll do arts and crafts or themed activities every day. Unless weather is terrible, we’ll walk to a nearby playground for lunch and outdoor time. We’ll have quiet time every day for both nappers and non-nappers. We work a lot of free-play time into our camp between organized activities as well.
Sample Camp Day
- 8:30 – Drop-off and free play
- 9:30 am – Morning snack
- 10 am – Morning Yoga class and/or themed activity
- 11:30 am – Outside time – walk/bus to park, playground for lunch and free time
- 2 pm – Yoga class or themed activity (K+) or stories and rest time (PK4)
- 3:30 pm – Closing circle
- 3:30-4 pm – Freeplay and pickup for campers not staying for games, Little Loft aftercare campers arrive
- 4 pm – Afternoon snack
- 4:30 pm – Games Club
- 5:30-5:45 pm – Pickup
Camp schedule varies depending on activities of the day and if we have a field trip scheduled. For camps that enroll PK-4th grade, we may separate younger and older campers for some activities and outings.
School Year Camp Schedule Variations: Field trip outings during the school year are most common in the afternoons and on bad weather days.
Summer or Spring Break Schedule Variations: Occasionally we will need to depart for a camp trip by 9 or 9:30 am and be gone through lunch, meaning our main yoga class those days will happen in the afternoon. Water play days – typically Yards Park or Canal Park – mean an extended outdoor/lunch time and a shorter, very low key afternoon yoga time.