Our summer camp provides children with a fun, creative, educational and enriching experience through yoga movement classes, mindfulness activities, relaxation, games, crafts, field trips and outdoor time.
We offer a non-competitive and supportive environment where kids can learn to work cooperatively as well as learn to care for and nurture themselves. Each week-long camp is sure to create lasting memories, new friendships, and a foundation for health and well-being!
Watch Camp Highlights
Summer 2017 Highlights
This summer we are planning 9 weeks of kids yoga camp! Highlights:
- We’ll repeat some of our most popular themes and do lots of new things.
- Camp is very active, including at least one full yoga class each day, out door time, field trips and lots of walking.
- We will not hold camp the weeks of July 5 or 12.
- 5 weeks of camp will be open to a limited number of rising PK4 campers*: June 19, June 26, Aug 7, 14 & 21. PK4 campers will be offered rest or quiet time in the afternoons. For camps enrolling PK4-4th, younger and older campers may be separated for some activities and field trips.
- All camp weeks will accommodate rising K-4th. (There will not be a designated nap time for camps enrolling only K+)
- For 2 weeks, we’ll host camps just for older elementary students, American Yogi Warrior (obstacle courses!) for 2nd-5th grades – August 7 – and Girl Power camp for 3rd-5th graders – August 14.
- We are back at Christ Church this summer for almost all of our camps, except June 19, which is at Capitol Hill Presbyterian Church.
- Registration opens January 15 at 10 am. Early bird registration ($25 discount) ends Feb 28. Discount applies automatically. Discounts do not combine.
*Rising PK4 summer campers must be turning 4 by Sept 30, be fully bathroom independent, and have enough stamina to walk to public transportation for outings.
Who: Our camps are intimate compared to many. We cap most weeks at 18 campers and maintain a minimum 6:1 camper:staff ratio. Our PreK registration accommodates 6-8 campers most weeks; 10 during Early Childhood Transition Week. Both groups operate as one camp.
Age Ranges: We follow DCPS age guidelines for grade assignment. PK4 campers must be 4 years old by Sept 30, 2017 to be eligible.
Younger Siblings: We allow a limited number of younger siblings from one grade below the stated range. Rising PK3 siblings may only attend during weeks open to PK4. Please contact us before enrolling out-of-age-range siblings.
Rising 6th-8th graders are invited to participate while building leadership skills by helping younger campers: apply to be Counselors in Training (CITs) and register at a 50% discount. Teens 15 years or older are welcome to apply for paid positions with camp.
Where? Summer 2017 camps are at Christ Church, except for the week of June 19-23, which is at Capitol Hill Presbyterian Church
• 8:30 am-4 pm – Yoga Camp,
• 4-5:45 pm – Aftercare with Games Club class by Labyrinth Games & Puzzles
Campers not staying for games should be picked up between 3:45-4 pm so we can start snack promptly at 4 pm. Thanks.
Extended day $75 – Campers are welcome to join extended day with Games Club with Labyrinth from 4 pm – 5:45 pm. Camps meeting at Capitol Hill Presbyterian Church are welcome to do so as well. Staff will walk them to games and pickup would be at Breathing Space.
Waitlist: Each camp week has a waitlist in the registration system.
Sample Camp Day
- 8:30 – Drop-off and free play
- 9:30 am – Morning snack
- 10 am – Morning Yoga class and/or themed activity
- 11:30 am – Outside time – walk/bus to park, playground for lunch and free time
- 2 pm – Yoga class or themed activity (K+) or stories and rest time (PK4)
- 3:30 pm – Closing circle
- 3:30-4 pm – Freeplay and pickup for campers not staying for games
- 4 pm – Afternoon snack
- 4:30 pm – Games Club
- 5:30-5:45 pm – Pickup
Camp schedule varies depending on activities of the day. Most field trips will be Tuesday-Friday. Occasionally we will need to depart for a trip by 9 or 9:30 am and be gone through lunch, meaning our main yoga class those days will happen in the afternoon. Water play days – typically Yards Park or Canal Park – mean an extended outdoor/lunch time and a shorter, very low key afternoon yoga time.
Please note that yoga camp doesn’t allow for half-day pickup and is not appropriate for campers not up for significant walking and activity during the day. All our outing destinations are reached by public transportation and/or walking.
Campers must be capable of carrying their own backpacks and/or lunches. Please pack accordingly.