In this all-level yoga class, moms will cultivate the flexibility, concentration and strength needed during the transformative time of pregnancy and childbirth. Enjoy the community of other expecting mothers while we practice modified yoga postures, breath work, vocal toning, meditation, and relaxation. No previous yoga experience necessary.
Use a multi-class flex pass for $17-18 per class or pay one class at a time for $20 per class (includes 5.75% fitness tax). Classes are ongoing; join any time.
What happens in prenatal yoga?
Yoga practice during pregnancy is designed to help moms build strength and fitness while accessing the inner resources to face the challenges of labor with confidence and calm. A typical prenatal yoga class might involve:
- Breathing. Prenatal yoga breathing techniques may help you reduce or manage shortness of breath during pregnancy and work through contractions during labor.
- Stretching. You'll be encouraged to gently move different areas of your body through their full range of motion while standing, sitting or lying on the ground.
- Strength and Fitness Work. Moms in prenatal yoga are working to maintain fitness for a comfortable pregnancy as well as train for the endurance event that is labor and birth. Holding your bodyweight in postures while working against gravity is a great way to build strength. We'll also do pregnancy appropriate vinyasa, moving with breath, to build fitness.
- Mindfulness and Mental Focus. Through mindful movement, concentration exercises, and guided visualizations, mammas prepare for birth and parenthood. You might be encouraged to listen to your own breathing, pay close attention to sensations, thoughts and emotions, or repeat a mantra or word to bring about a state of self-awareness and inner calm.
- Relaxation and Rest. Every prenatal yoga class sets aside time for conscious relaxation in restorative postures. You'll relax your muscles and restore your resting heart rate and breathing rhythm.
Read more: Prenatal Yoga Frequently Asked Questions