Itsy Bitsy Yoga is a unique blend of yoga postures, child developmental movement, and parent/child bonding. Itsy Bitsy Yoga was created by Helen Garabedian, an infant developmental movement educator, yoga teacher, and mother.
Early Childhood Yoga on Capitol Hill
Since several of our instructors have had the pleasure of training with Helen Garabedian, Breathing Space early childhood yoga classes draw lots of inspiration from Itsy Bitsy Yoga to offer an enriching experience for newborn babies through 4 year old preschoolers and their families. Our class activities, songs, and poses are not limited to the Itsy Bitsy Yoga repertoire and reflect our instructors’ diverse training backgrounds and personal experiences teaching early childhood.
Breathing Space Family Yoga founder Jen Mueller also offers early childhood yoga instructor trainings with ChildLight Yoga.
Itsy Bitsy Yoga® Benefits:
- Deepen the parent/child bond.
- Help baby sleep longer and better.
- Improve baby’s digestion and ease tummy troubles.
- Relieve fussiness and colic.
- Discover ways to enhance your baby’s motor development.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Encourage neuromuscular development.
- Improve body-awareness
- Playfully relieve stress and frustration
- Increase your child’s attention span
- Provide an outlet for social interaction
- Nurture self-esteem and creativity
- Build a fit, healthy lifestyle
Find an Early Childhood Yoga Class on Capitol Hill
Breathing Space early childhood yoga classes are offered in multi-week series. Babies and toddlers learn best when they are able to become familiar with a class space, teacher, and other students and experience the same class material over multiple weeks. For that reason, we require full series commitment for all our classes for crawling babies and older toddlers. However, because birth dates and maternity leaves don’t always line up well with seasonal series dates, we do allow drop-ins and partial registration in classes for precrawlers.