Class Tips, Fees and Policies
How to Sign Up for Classes or Camps
Our registration site is mobile friendly and is the primary way we take payments. Most of our class venues do not have a receptionist so it’s a great help to the instructor if you take care of this yourself in advance.
Breathing Space Class and Purchase Policies
By registering for a class or camp with Breathing Space, you agree to the following policies:
Tips for New Students
Thank you for taking the plunge into online yoga with us!
Setup for Virtual Family or Prenatal Yoga
You don’t need any special equipment. A yoga mat is great, but you can skip it or use a towel or blanket. Your teacher may email class-specific supplies you may want to gather in advance, but will always suggest alternatives you are likely to have on hand. Scarves, for instance, can be literal scarves, cloth napkins, pillowcases, facial tissues, or even a t-shirt.
When you log in, please change your Zoom screen name to be the first name of the class participants: parent and child, or child alone.
You will want to set up your space so that you can see the video screen and, ideally, your teacher can see you (and your little one in Baby Yoga & Play).
Class specific set up tips:
- Baby Yoga & Play: See the videos here for additional set up tips for Baby Yoga & Play.
- Prenatal Yoga: See set up tips and recommended supplies here.
- Toddler Classes: Many of our studio class students enjoy bubbles at the end of class. This is entirely optional at home, but you may want to have some bubble solution or a wand on hand.
Behavior Expectations and Tips For Enjoying Zoom Yoga
1. Just like our studio classes, expect your child to behave like a child. There will be highly variable levels of engagement across the group for each activity. Know that your child will participate exactly the way they need to. They may simply sit and watch the screen. Or they may wander off. It’s all good.
2. The best thing you can do to facilitate your child’s experience is to be near the screen, modeling the poses for your child. Because we know children will not be as engaged by a computer screen as they would by an in-person class, we’ll add in a little more yoga for the grown-ups so that you can continue participating if your child disengages. Just like in a studio class, the more yoga you do, the more yoga your child will do.
3. When you enter the Zoom meeting, your microphone will be muted. Feel free to unmute for introductions or if you need to say something to the teacher, but in general, keep yourself muted. Background noise from individual students becomes extremely distracting very quickly.
4. Expect this to be a practice in authenticity. Life is messy right now, and sometimes, so are these yoga classes. We promise – no one is paying attention to your hair, your house, or your children’s behavior. Your children will climb all over you. They will jump on the sofa. There will be toys or laundry scattered around your living room. Your teacher’s children may decide to guest-star in the video. The yoga is important, but so is community, so let’s all take a collective breath, give ourselves grace, and decide to let each class experience just be what it is.
Note about privacy: Zoom has a setting to record only the instructor for our replays, but each teacher must enable that on their recording every time they start class. If they forget, it is possible that snippets of your living room will appear in the replay video during introductions or other times when you unmute your audio.
Additionally, we are taking steps to ensure that our Zoom participants are only our enrolled students/members and that we do not experience the spamming problems you may have heard about on publicly accessible Zoom events. In addition to circulating the link ONLY to enrolled participants and taking attendance in classes, we have enabled passwords on all our events. We can change those at anytime. We have also disabled participant screen sharing and file sharing. Currently participants can engage in private chats with each other and the instructor and we feel this is appropriate given our other precautions. Please let us know if you have concerns.
Public Health and Illness
For safety and consideration of your fellow students and comfort of your child, please do not bring sick children to class or camp.
Please keep your child(ren) home from class if they have been experiencing any of the following in the previous 24 hours:
- an unexplained rash,
- mouth sores (especially in the oral-staged children),
- persistent and frequent cough that interferes with your child’s class involvement or poses a risk to others,
- extremely runny nose, or
- any other contagious illness.
Please note that older children too sick to attend school should not be tagging along to yoga class.
Specific Guidance on The Flu & Common Colds
Most healthy adults may be able to infect others beginning 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 5 to 7 days after becoming sick. Children and some people with weakened immune systems may pass the virus for longer than 7 days. (Source: CDC)
In the case of a flu diagnosis, or suspected, please keep your child home for a full week from becoming symptomatic.
You’re generally contagious with a cold 1-2 days before your symptoms start, and you could be contagious as long as your symptoms are present—in rare cases, up to 2 weeks. (Source: Ceder-Sinai.org)
While you are most contagious in the first 2-4 days of symptoms, resuming daily activities without exposing others depends on both your immune system and your ability to follow hygiene protocols. Most small children have trouble with the later. If your child has a frequent cough and is not yet reliable about coughing into their sleeve or a very runny nose, they are likely to expose others to the lingering virus. Please stay home until symptoms subside.
We have a very liberal make-up policy so please take advantage of that if your child (or you) is ill.
Unfortunately it is not possible to do a makeup from camp. See our camp policies for more details.
Enrollment and Attendance
Our children’s and family classes and some special topics are offered in multi-week series with students committing to multiple consecutive classes. There are lots of benefits to committing to a weekly class but we understand that modern life is busy and sometimes unpredictable. If you must miss a class, you have two options to make it up:
- Any family member may take any other appropriate weekly class during the same semester, even in advance – this means the same class on a alternate day or something different;
- Because Baby Yoga & Play classes are offered in a shorter semesters and start dates are sometimes staggered, parents make carry one makeup class past the original series dates by one month.
- Note that single date or short series workshops – infant massage, baby sign language parent workshop, etc – are not options for makeups from weekly classes with the exception of family yoga “pop-up” classes. Pop-up classes are the weekly classes scheduled outside of the series. Makeups are welcome, but advanced registration IS required.
- If there is space in your class, you may bring a friend as your make-up class (instead of option 1). Guests need to create an account in our registration system to provide contact information and accept terms and conditions (includes our liability waiver and photo release). Please confirm space availability with your instructor.
What about live online classes?
You may still use the online makeup scheduler to set up makeups for online classes. Please be sure to do so 24 hours in advance to ensure you are added to the class roster and receive the appropriate Zoom links.
Which class can I take as a makeup?
Anything class that is appropriate for the family member doing the makeup class. You can even send different adult family members to do the makeup class. Students may make up in any location. For example, if you miss a baby yoga class and there isn’t another that suits your schedule, you may bring your toddler to Little Family Yoga as a make up (baby can even tag along). If you and your child miss Little Family Yoga, you may attend Baby Yoga & Play, a prenatal yoga class, or come to Baby & Toddler Singing Time (weekly class, not weekend workshop). Anytime we have a “Pop-Up” class on the schedule, that can be a makeup (pop ups must be reserved in advance).
How do I reserve a makeup class?
Our registration system has make up reservations. Log in to the system and look for makeups in the drop down menu under classes (this option only appears for registered students). See instructions here.
I really am only able to attend a couple classes, can I drop-in?
Making Up in a Pop Up ClassOccasionally we offer “Pop Up” classes not associated with a series. Advanced reservation is required. Pop ups with insufficient registration 3 days in advance may be cancelled.
Weekly Family Yoga In-Person Class Makeups
Due to COVID precautions, we have suspended in-person makeup classes for children. For the time being, please make up missed classes by either:
- viewing selections from our video library. You’ll find recordings in the Parent Portal of our registration site.
- or joining us on Zoom. Any family member may participate in any appropriate Zoom class as a makeup. Please use the discount code in your registration receipt or class information email to schedule a drop in.
Students enrolled in weekly in-person yoga series classes (4-12 weeks) may make up missed classes in another appropriate classes within 4 weeks of the original series dates. This is quite flexible. For example, if you miss a baby yoga class and there isn’t another that suits your schedule, you may bring your toddler to Little Family Yoga as a make up. If you miss Little Family Yoga you may take a prenatal yoga class or come to Baby & Toddler Singing Time (weekly class, not weekend workshop). Anytime we have a “Pop-Up” class on the schedule, that can be a makeup (pop ups must be reserved in advance). You can even send different adult family members to do the makeup class. Students may make up in any location.
Prenatal/Adult In-Person Makeups
Because adult in-person students are all vaccinated, there’s no need to isolate cohorts.
Students enrolled in weekly in-person yoga series classes (4-12 weeks) may make up missed classes in another appropriate classes within 4 weeks of the original series dates.
- To schedule another in-person prenatal class during the same semester, use our makeup scheduler. Email if you have any questions.
- To makeup in Zoom, register for a drop-in and use the discount code in your class instructions email or purchase receipt.
Zoom Student Makeups
Zoom recordings are posted to the class page within 24 hours of the class and are posted for 7 days. Watch the recording anytime that week.
Makeup Scheduling Online
There is a makeup scheduler in the MainStreetSites registration system. You must be logged into your account for the makeup scheduler to appear and you must be enrolled in a class for makeup spots to be available.
Once you are logged in, simply choose an appropriate makeup from the classes that appear. The student drop-down must match the enrolled student. If you are sending a different student than the original enrollment, just note that in the text field.
Note that toward the end of the semester, there may not be any available makeups in your desired class. We recommend scheduling your makeup as soon as you know you will miss and when you can attend instead. Makeups do not carry over to the next semester.
Workshop Makeups: Infant Massage, Birth & Baby Series
Many of our workshops are one time events and there is no makeup option if you do not attend. See our workshop enrollment and refund policies for details.
For short series classes such as Infant Massage, Beyond the Bump, or any birth & baby series – prenatal or postnatal, students may attend the same class in a subsequent series as a makeup. Those makeups are not in the scheduler. Email us to confirm.
- Classes are offered in multi-class sessions requiring registration. No drop-ins permitted in kids and family yoga class series.
- Please register the child participant in all kids and family classes.
- One adult must be present for any class described as family yoga or for children under 4 years old: Family Yoga, Preschooler Yoga, Tot Yoga, etc. Up to two adults are welcome to participate these classes on weekly basis and the same adult need not be present every time. COVID UPDATE: In order to ensure adequate distancing in the studio, we ask that only one adult attend with each child during the Fall/Winter 2021/22 session. It need not be the same adult each week.
- In order to create a safe space for the children and because of limited studio space, we request that students not bring observers to class. If grandparents or other special guests wish to see class, please encourage them to participate.
- Occasionally we offer single-date classes, typically for older children or infants, but sometimes as a demo and not associated with a series. Registration in advance is still required for these classes and those not meeting enrollment minimum in the week leading up to class may be cancelled.
Kids and tweens yoga classes not described as family classes are for the children only. Due to limited studio space and to respect the students, family members and friends are asked not to observe these classes. Many of our venues are near cafes and shops.
Course material is cumulative so drop-ins are not allowed. Families that miss a class are welcome to do an appropriate drop-in in another postnatal class as a makeup or attend the same week in a subsequent series.
Pricing and Discounts
Children’s and family yoga (crawling babies to teen) is offered in multi-class series, like semesters, no drop-ins.
- Prices for series are a based on a $18 per visit rate and vary depending length of the series, with a per visit discount for series longer than 10 weeks. For example:
- 7 week series = $126
- 10 week series = $180
- 12 week series = $192
Up to two (2) caregivers may attend family classes with the registered child. The same adult need not attend every week. COVID Note: To ensure sufficient spacing in the studio, we ask that only one adult attend per child for the Fall/Winter 2021/22 semester.
Siblings must be enrolled with the exception of non-walking infants or siblings on school-closed days.
Should you need to miss a class in your session, we have a very flexible makeup policy.
Refunds, Withdraws, Cancellations
Withdrawals requested in writing will be processed and refunded as follows:
- More Than 7 Days Before Series Start: Refund issued in full minus the $5 processing fee. Fee waived when applying balance to another registration.
- More Than 48 Hours Before Series Start: Refund issued in at the No Risk Refund Policy rate or 80% minus $5 processing fee, whichever is greater.
- After The Series Start but More Than 48 hours Before the Halfway Point: Refunds will be prorated for the classes that have passed in the session, not the ones you have actually attended, and issued minus a $5 processing fee. Fee waived when applying the balance to a future registration.
- No refunds issued beyond the halfway point in a series.
Camp 2021/22 Refund Policy Note
Because of the small group sizes, Breathing Space is very limited in ability to offer refunds. If Breathing Space cancels camp because of changing public health guidance or COVID exposures causing under enrollment before the camp day or week begins, we will offer refunds, including deposits.
School Year Camp Policies and Deadlines
- Registration may be rescheduled or credited to a future camp or class (minus $5 processing fee per camp day) until 21 days before a scheduled camp. Rescheduling is subject to space availability.
- Within 21 days of a camp day, credits are only available if a waitlisted camper takes the spot (processing fee still applies). Camps often sell out well in advance. The further in advance you tell us about your camper’s change of plans, the more likely it is that we fill your spot.
Summer Camp Policies and Deadlines
- The first $100 of camp tuition is a non-refundable deposit.
- Registration may be rescheduled or credited to a different week of summer camp (minus $5 processing fee per camp day) until May 31, 2022. Rescheduling is subject to space availability.
- After May 31, credits are only available if a waitlisted camper takes the spot (processing fee still applies).
Camps often sell out well in advance. The further in advance you tell us about your camper’s change of plans, the more likely it is that we fill your spot.
Exceptions for COVID Exposure
The only refund/credit exception we can make is for campers who are exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19 the week before the camp week begins and notify us by the Friday before. For those cases, we can offer a partial credit or transfer (minus processing fees or deposit). There will be no refunds mid-week, even if a camper must pull out of camp due to Coronavirus/COVID-19 and even if camp must be cancelled.
If these refund policies don’t work for your family, then we recommend finding a larger camp that can absorb losses from last minute cancellations.