Class Tips, Fees and Policies
How to Sign Up for Classes or Camps
Our registration site is mobile friendly and is the primary way we take payments. Most of our class venues do not have a receptionist so it’s a great help to the instructor if you take care of this yourself in advance.
Breathing Space Class and Purchase Policies
By registering for a class or camp with Breathing Space, you agree to the following policies:
Tips for New Students
Public Health and Illness
Enrollment and Attendance
Can we do a trial class or drop into a Tot, Preschooler, Family, Kids or Tween Yoga class occasionally?
Nope, sorry. We don’t offer drop-in options for classes for crawling or older children or trial classes during the regular session.
Children really do need the consistency of a weekly class both for comfort and so they can best learn and drop-ins can be disruptive to the class routine. Read more. Since it often takes several classes for a child to settle in, dropping in once is not really the best indicator of whether your child will enjoy class.
However, we get that it can be tough to commit to a class when you can’t imagine what happens or how your child will react, so:
- We have a no-risk refund policy. If you register for a class and decide for any reason it’s a bad fit for you, your child, or your schedule, and you decide early in the series, you can drop the class and get a prorated refund. See details.
- We occasionally offer trial/drop-in days, when the teacher will spend a little extra time explaining the class routine and parents get a chance to see a class in action.
We also understand that life is unpredictable and have a generous makeup policy for families that wish to commit to a series but know they will miss a class or two.
Yes. If you know you will be out of town or will miss class for any reason, feel free to take your makeup class whenever it’s convenient in the same session.
We allow one makeup to carry over into a different session, within a month of the original series dates, so feel free to come a couple weeks before or after your class begins or ends.
- Classes are offered in multi-class sessions requiring registration. No drop-ins permitted in kids and family yoga class series.
- Please register the child participant in all kids and family classes.
- One adult must be present for any class described as family yoga or for children under 4 years old: Family Yoga, Preschooler Yoga, Tot Yoga, etc. Up to two adults are welcome to participate these classes on weekly basis and the same adult need not be present every time. COVID UPDATE: In order to ensure adequate distancing in the studio, we ask that only one adult attend with each child during the Fall/Winter 2021/22 session. It need not be the same adult each week.
- In order to create a safe space for the children and because of limited studio space, we request that students not bring observers to class. If grandparents or other special guests wish to see class, please encourage them to participate.
- Occasionally we offer single-date classes, typically for older children or infants, but sometimes as a demo and not associated with a series. Registration in advance is still required for these classes and those not meeting enrollment minimum in the week leading up to class may be cancelled.
Kids and tweens yoga classes not described as family classes are for the children only. Due to limited studio space and to respect the students, family members and friends are asked not to observe these classes. Many of our venues are near cafes and shops.
Course material is cumulative so drop-ins are not allowed. Families that miss a class are welcome to do an appropriate drop-in in another postnatal class as a makeup or attend the same week in a subsequent series.
Pricing and Discounts
Refunds, Withdraws, Cancellations