Breathing Space is a family yoga and wellness program based on Capitol Hill in Washington DC. We offer classes, camps and other programs at our home studio and a variety of community partner locations.
Additional Community Locations
Hill Center at the Old Naval Hospital at 921 Pennsylvania Avenue SE (map) hosts classes weekly early childhood yoga classes and occasional workshops.
- Classes are most likely in Drummond Hall on the first floor. Check the info board by the reception office at the 9th Street entrance (ground floor.)
- All strollers should be parked on the ground floor, near the kitchen. There is also a bicycle rack at the top of the 9th Street driveway.
- Please plan to leave all non-valuable personal items outside or store them on the shelves in the classroom to keep the floors clear. There will be a coat rack in the hallway outside the classroom for your coats and larger bags.
- Hill Center is an easy walk from Eastern Market metro and bus stops.
- Street parking can be found on Pennsylvania Avenue or E Street. Please do not park in the very small Hill Center lot. That is reserved for loading and staff use.
- Parents and children should still wait on the ground floor for classes to start, if the room isn’t open yet. There is usually seating near the kitchen and always seating in reception.
Breathing Space Family Yoga’s studio is located at 641 Pennsylvania Ave SE (map), Lower Level. (Some families may remember this as the old Realignment Studio space.) The studio is easily reached by the Eastern Market metro stop and several buses along Pennsylvania Avenue or 8th Street.St.
- All of our classes on the lower level, down a flight of stairs.
- Both children and adults are kindly asked to remove shoes before entering the classroom space.
- Cubbies are available in the classroom space for storing personal belongings.
- Please pack dirty diapers away with you.
- Small folding strollers are welcome inside but please leave jogging-style or bulky strollers locked to the bike rack or otherwise secured outside. For safety reasons, strollers cannot be left in the stairway or on landings.
St Marks Episcopal Church is located at at 301 A St SE (map), just a block off Pennsylvania Ave SE and a few blocks walk from Union Station.
The most prominent part of the building is the Nave, or sanctuary. For BSFY events, enter through the A-Street courtyard. Use the door by the bike racks and take the stairs or elevator to the left of the entry way. Classes are most typically in the dance studio on the second floor. Camps are held on the basement level.
- Strollers can be left in the lobby downstairs or brought up and stored outside of the studio door.
- Please remove shoes before entering the dance studio.
- Bathrooms are on the lobby and basement level.
Open Barre is located at 7338 Baltimore Avenue, Suite 200, in College Park, Maryland in the College Park Shopping Center. The studio is right above Cava and Starbucks.
You can find Open Barre by going all the way up the stairs next to Starbucks (if you park in the main front lot), or you can come in through the office building behind the main shopping center (if you park in the back lot).
The parking lot is on Knox Road, across the street from South Campus Commons and adjacent to Knox Towers. Parking is free on Sundays, when early childhood classes are held at this location.
Accessing this space does require stairs. There are fewer if you enter from the back lot. Strollers that are small or can be folded may be left in the hallway outside of the studio or secured to the fence in the rear parking lot. Please do not bring strollers into the studio, and do not block stairs, doorways, or walking paths with strollers.
The building is located at the corner of Sherman Ave and Columbia Rd NW.
The Brazilian American Cultural Center is located at 3001 Sherman Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001. This location hosts weekly early childhood classes. We are pleased to offer early childhood, family and baby yoga there starting in January 2023.
Yoga Heights Takoma Park is located at 255 Carroll Street NW, Washington, DC 20012. This location hosts baby yoga, infant massage, tot yoga, and preschooler yoga. Classes are available on weekdays and Sunday mornings.
Street parking is generally available nearby, and it is walking distance from the Takoma Park metro and bus stops.
The studio has a ground level entrance with no steps required. There is plenty of space in the lobby for stroller parking.
We also have hosted afterschool classes at Brent Elementary, Capitol Hill Montessori at Logan, Langley Elementary, Peabody Early Childhood Education Campus, Payne Elementary, and School Within a School – Goding.
Learn about current afters school offerings.
Contact us about setting up a class at your location.