Please join us for Spring 2019 early childhood yoga or infant massage classes on Capitol Hill!
Early Childhood Yoga
Yoga for children supports motor skills, language acquisition, and social-emotional development while having fun. Breathing Space classes incorporate playful, age appropriate yoga poses, breathing exercises, movement games, rhythm, stories and songs for little ones and parents/caregivers to do together.
Weekday classes begin in early April until the end of the school year. Weekend classes run from the end of April to the end of June. No classes Memorial Day weekend or over DCPS spring break. See individual classes for details and tuition.
Tot Yoga (crawling-2 yrs)
for crawling babies to 24 mo old toddlers with parent or caregiver
- 9:30 AM Tue @ St Marks Church (Dance Studio) with Jen
- 11:00 AM Wed @ Shenanigans Art Space (Union Station) with Jessica
- 8:30 AM Sat @ Capitol Hill Presbyterian Church (Eastern Market) with Jessica
Toddler Family Yoga (walking-3 yrs)
- 9:30 AM Sun (walking-3) @ Hill Center (Eastern Market) with Jen
Little Family Yoga (2-4 yrs, younger siblings welcome)
- 10:30 AM Tue @ St. Marks Church (Dance Studio) with Jen
- 10:00 AM Wed @ Shenanigans Art Space (Union Station) with Jessica
- 10:00 AM Fri @ Hill Center (Eastern Market) with Danielle
- 9:30 AM Sat @ Capitol Hill Presbyterian Church (Eastern Market) with Jessica
- 10:30 AM Sun @ Hill Center (Eastern Market) with Jen
Registration Notes: Classes for children and families are offered in multi-week series, like semesters, and require preregistration. Drop-ins are not allowed. Read more about our class policies and why commit to a weekly class.
Family Yoga Playshops (4-10 yrs)
Join Helena for a fun yoga class for families:
- 3-4 PM Sundays
Feb 24 @ Christ Church
Mar 17 @ Realignment Studio
Apr 28 @ Realignment Studio
May 19 @ Realignment Studio
These occasional workshops are an opportunity for families to enjoy moving together through poses, breath exercises, games, and relaxation in a supportive, non-competitive environment. While many of the poses will look familiar to adult yogis, Family Yoga & Mindfulness is structured like a kids class and flows very differently than an adult yoga class.
Registration is per child – $20 for the first child and $10 for siblings. Up to two adults may attend.