Baby Yoga & Play (pre-crawling)
This interactive class for newborn to pre-crawling babies and their grownup(s) contains dozens of yoga-inspired movements, postures, songs, rhymes and activities designed to support baby’s development. Each class is filled with calming, nurturing ways to enhance bonding, soothe the inevitable cranky moments, and improve baby’s sleep. Learn more.
Most appropriate from 6-weeks until baby is mobile. Moms, dads, grandparents or other caregivers welcome. No previous yoga experience necessary; be prepared/dressed for movement.
- noon Wed @ Shenanigans Art Space (Union Station) with Jessica, 6 week series starts April 3
- 10:30 AM Thu @ St Mark’s Church (near Capitol/LOC) with Jen, 6 week series starts April 25
Baby classes 6-week, series, for $96 per baby/caregiver. No charge for second baby with single adult (See policies about nanny share registration). Read more about our class policies and why commit to a weekly class.
Baby Yoga & Play Pop Up classes
The same class as our weekly offering, but single class
Massage is a great way to connect to your baby. Studies have shown infant massage can help babies sleep better, gain weight, reduce fussiness, improve health and relax.
- noon Wed @ Shenanigans Art Space (Union Station) with Jessica, 3 week series starts Mar 6
- 2-3 pm Tue @ Private Venue (near Potomac Ave Metro) with Jen, 3 week series starts April 23
- noon Wed @ Shenanigans Art Space (Union Station) with Jessica, 3 week series starts May 22
- TBD @ Hill Center (Eastern Market) with Jen, 3 week series starts June 16
Classes at Breathing Space teach parents massage techniques in a progressive sequence over several weeks – focusing on different parts of the body each week, which provides opportunity to practice strokes at home between lessons. Infant Massage 3-class series, for $60 per baby and up to 2 caregivers.