620 G Street SE
Washington DC 20003
In this class, parents will learn what to expect during the first days and weeks after birth, how to help get breastfeeding off to a good start, as well as what to do if things do not go as planned. We’ll cover the basic anatomy and physiology involved in breast milk production and breastfeeding and basic information about pumping breast milk. Class will discuss what preparation and supplies are helpful.
We’ll answer the critical questions parents have in the early days, including:
- How much milk does your newborn actually need and how do you know if he is getting it?
- How often should your baby nurse and for how long?
- What is engorgement and what do you do if it happens?
- How do you know your milk has “come in”? What do you do if you aren’t sure if it has?
- Are the considerations (tips) different if you have a c-section birth? An early baby? A really large baby?
- What can your partner do to help?
- Should you or when should you begin pumping?
Pricing and Registration
This workshop is designed to be taken as a series of 4 for $160 per couple. Series pricing automatically applies when registering for 4 classes simultaneously.
Individual workshop registration is $50 for two adult family members. Solo attendees may use the discount code BYBOne to reduce the price to $40. Contact us about bringing additional family members.
See all workshop registration policies
About Instructor Jen Mueller, IBCLC
Jennifer Mueller has been teaching yoga for children and families in Washington DC since 2008. Jen is a Yoga Alliance® Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RTY 200) and Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCTY) as well as a Certified Educator of Infant Massage (CEIM), and an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
Jen teaches Breathing Space Baby Yoga & Play classes, Tot, Toddler and Little Families Yoga, afterschool classes, and directs day-off and summer camps . . . in addition to a doing bunch of behind the scenes stuff to keep it all running. You might also run into Jen over at the Breastfeeding Center for Greater Washington DC, either as a consultant or in the twice-monthly Baby Care Basics class.