No class schedule can accommodate everyone (practical reality) and no one teacher or class is right for every student (this is actually a good thing). Thankfully, we living in a community with a wealth of yoga opportunities for all ages of student.
Our instructors teach in a variety of places:
- Jen Mueller Yoga – Almost all of Jen’s classes are through Breathing Space right now, but you can check out her website or Facebook page
- Most of Jessica LaGarde’s classes are taught through Breathing Space. Keep an eye on the youth schedule at Joe’s Movement Emporium for baby and tots classes in Mt. Rainier, MD (classes break June-August). Jessica practices pre- and post-natal massage and private infant massage instruction in College Park, MD at Shine Massage & Wellness studio. Visit their website or email Jessica for more information or to schedule.
Other DC area Baby and Toddler Yoga Resources
- Bluebird Sky Yoga – offers prenatal, postnatal, and kids programing (Brookland, DC)
- Budding Yogis – offers baby, toddler, and kids yoga classes at Circle Yoga (Northwest DC near Chevy Chase, MD)
- Honest Soul Yoga – offers a full family program, prenatal-teen (Alexandria, VA)
- Lighthouse Yoga Center – offers prenatal, postnatal and early childhood classes (Petworth, DC)
- Past Tense Studio – offers prenatal, postnatal classes and occasional kids series (Mt Pleasant, DC)
- Simon Says Yoga – offers classes for children and families as well as summer camp. (Bethesda)
- Sun & Moon Yoga – offers a variety of family programs (Arlington, VA)
- Tranquil Space – offers prenatal, mommy & me, as well as Itsy Bitsy Yoga classes (Dupont Circle, DC)
- Willow Street Yoga – offers prenatal, baby, toddler, kids and teen classes (Takoma Park and Silver Spring, MD)
- Yoga District – hosts prenatal, postnatal, and toddler classes out of their NW studio spaces (various)
Yoga for Special Needs Children
- Be Yoga – Krista offers Yoga for the Special ChildTM based out of northwest DC.
- Budding Yogis – Director Linda Feldman offers private sessions for special needs students (Northwest DC near Chevy Chase, MD).
- Conaboy & Associates – Offers baby, toddler and kids classes out of their occupational therapy practice. Classes are for both typically developing and special needs children. (Union Station)
Classes for Grownups? Studios and Instructors on Capitol Hill
Dedicated yoga studios:
- Hot Capitol Hill – 410 H ST. NE (hosts a children’s class on Sundays)
- St. Marks Yoga Center – St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 3rd. & A Streets, SE
- Yoga District – 526 H St., NE, 2nd Flr
If you are a yoga instructor living on Capitol Hill, teach a public yoga class in the neighborhood, or teach children and family classes anywhere in the DC area, please email to have your website listed above.