We love outings and classic field trips to return for Summer 2022 but final decisions will be made in May based on the current situation and public health recommendations or venue restrictions.
Past camps have visited the following public-transit accessible destinations:
- Smithsonian Air & Space Museum,
- Museum of Natural History, and
- American History Museum,
- the Renwick Gallery,
- the National Gallery of Art,
- the DC DOE Aquatic Resources and Education Center,
- the Botanic Garden,
- the fire department,
- Capitol Hill Arts Workshop,
- Kingman Island, and even
- the National Zoo and
- gone on an Anacostia river boat tour with RiverKeeper!
We take metrobus, metrorail, and our feet to these destinations. Campers should be prepared for a decent amount of walking and for carrying their backpack/lunch wherever we go.
We send our draft outing / playground / waterplay schedule to parents the weekend before camp. If you give us a heads up about known conflicts well in advance, we may be able to plan around that.