- Parents fully participate so should wear comfortable clothing and be prepared to move.
- No yoga experience required for either parent or child.
- Yoga mats are not used in this class except during the last few minutes for relaxation. Feel free to bring your own or borrow one of ours.
- Let go of expectations: We don’t expect full participation by children, and sometimes hardly any on the first day. Some children will be most comfortable observing and some might even wander the room and appear not to be participating. This is all developmentally appropriate and totally fine. Yes, try to engage your child in class, but feel free to simply relax and enjoy your child however they choose to participate.
- Parents should plan to fully participate in family and early childhood classes. The more yoga you do, the more your child will do (even if not until you get home). One adult must be present, up to two adults are welcome on weekly basis, and the same adult need not be present every time.
- Please bring only water or milk/formula in closed top containers into the yoga classroom. Breastfeeding is always welcome.
- Please no photos during class. Not all parents are equally comfortable with having their children photographed and phones are potentially distracting to toddlers who are pretty savvy about what they do. If you would like photos of your little one doing yoga, please take them before or after class or during the last two weeks of the class when the instructor suggests group photos. If one of our instructors takes photos at any time, feel free to request a copy of your child or watch for logo-ed version to turn up on our social media sites so you can re-share.
- Things to leave at home: Toys, stuffed friends, and even lovies (if at all possible). Very special friends can watch class from the windowsill if necessary, but toys of any kind just cause conflict in class.
Learn more about Early Childhood Yoga