Virtual Kids Yoga School Day Off Camps –
Interactive, Online Yoga & Art Class – 9-11:30am
Rising PK- 4th
Breathing Space yoga and mindfulness for children classes incorporate age-appropriate poses, breathing, movement and mindfulness games, concentration and focus techniques, and relaxation.
Virtual day off camps feature 2.5 hours of live class time, including 75 minutes of yoga instruction, supervised snack/social time, an instructor led art activity using supplies most families will have at home, storytime, and Zoom games.
Families may also choose to add on our self-paced arts & stories courses.
SCROLL DOWN for our current class calendar.
Cost $40 per student per day (10% sibling discount)
- rising PK-4th – Art activities are chosen to be completed independently by most 5-9 year olds. PK4 campers may need help from their grownup.
- Minimum enrollment for any week is 6 per registration group.
Please create an account in the parent/guardian name, then add your child as a family member and assign registration to the child.
In light of the current situation, we are updating our summer camp refund policy to provide additional flexibility. Deadlines and non-refundable deposits enable Breathing Space to organize staffing and plan, compensate us for the staff time involved in managing waitlists and registration changes, and discourage registrants from holding camp spots they do not intend to use.
Normal policy (summary):
- If parents cancel before May 31, refund – $100 per child/week deposit.
- If we cancel, full refund.
Read in full.
New Cancelation Grace Period and COVID19-Triggered Summer 2020 Policy:
Please note these policies are based on the currently published school scheduled. If DCPS adjusts Fall 2020 start dates, additional flexibility will apply to affected weeks. Aftercare is always refunded when associated with a camp refund.
We will begin processing refund requests the week of May 4 and do so approximately weekly after that. It will then take a few days to appear on your payment card, so please allow two weeks for this process.
- If we cancel, full refund.
We are treating in-person camp and virtual camp as two separate offerings. You may transfer between them, but if we cancel in-person camp that is us cancelling your registration. You may choose to transfer to virtual or not at that time. We do not hold deposits when we cancel no matter when that happens.
By May 15
- If parent cancels after health emergency was declared and by May 15 = full refund (We are waiving the deposit requirement and admin fees).
- If parent transfers any camp week registrations to our virtual camp by May 31 = refund of price difference + 10% (earlybird registration discount)
This is option is for parents who know now that they are not comfortable with in-person camp this summer. You may choose to transfer to virtual and take advantage of the early-bird promotional discount.
By May 31
- If parent cancels after May 15 but by May 31 = refund – $100 per child/week deposit.
- If parent transfers to our virtual offering by May 31 = refund of price difference + 10%
This option is our regular policy plus and incentive to switch to virtual camp if have realized you need to back out of in-person camp.
After May 31 AND More Than 4 Weeks Before Camp
- If parent cancels but does not transfer more than four weeks before enrolled camp weeks starts = 50% refund.
- If a parent transfers into a virtual offering more than four weeks before = refund of price difference – $20 admin fee.
This is Summer 2020 special flexibility and applies if it is after May 31 and we are still running in-person camp, but your comfort level or plans have changed and you are able to give us 4 weeks notice. You retain most of your deposit value if you switch to virtual.
After May 31 AND Within 4 Weeks of Camp
- If parent cancels within four weeks = no refund.
- If – on a week camp is running in person – a parent transfers into a virtual offering less than four weeks before camp = refund of price difference – $100 deposit.
This applies if we are still running in-person camp, but your comfort level or plans have changed LAST MINUTE. You may still transfer and take a partial refund. Deposit is not refunded.
Dif. + 10%
Ref. – Deposit
Price Dif. + 10%
|Jul 6||May 15||May 31||Jun 7|
|Jul 13||May 15||May 31||Jun 14|
|Jul 20||May 15||May 31||Jun 21|
|Jul 27||May 15||May 31||Jun 28|
|Aug 03||May 15||May 31||Jul 5|
|Aug 10||May 15||May 31||Jul 12|
|Aug 17||May 15||May 31||Jul 19|
|Aug 24||May 15||May 31||Jul 26|
|Aug 31||May 15||May 31||Aug 2|
What if DCPS starts in August and we can no longer attend?
That would generally be considered an event outside of your control and a special exception – even if it happens to a lot of people. We would issue a full refund.
Same thing applies if a family member contracts COVID-19. That would be considered a significant family emergency that justifies a policy exception.
What if my child hates virtual camp?
Refund – $20 per week admin fee to withdraw, capped at $50 per child.
Anytime – Full refund for aftercare if associated with camp refund request or when transferring to virtual camp.