Why Yoga Camp?
Breathing Space summer camp provides children with a fun, creative, educational, and enriching experience through yoga movement classes, mindfulness activities, relaxation, games, crafts, field trips and outdoor time. Each week-long camp is sure to create lasting memories, new friendships, and a foundation for health and well-being!
Yoga and mindfulness can help children build self-regulatory skills, resilience, social awareness, and confidence, as well as gross-motor skills, strength, and fitness. Through yoga, children learn techniques for concentrating, reducing stress, and connecting to their bodies in a loving way while having fun.
Breathing Space Kids Yoga Camp takes the lessons we learn in our yoga and mindfulness practice and expand on them to a full week of activities. Of course we do lots of yoga and yoga games, but that’s not all.
- We’ll do arts and crafts or themed activities every day.
- We typically do at least one theme-based outing every week.
- Unless weather is terrible, we’ll walk to a nearby playground for lunch and outdoor time daily.
- We will have some form of quiet relaxation time every day for both nappers and non-nappers.
- We work a lot of free-play time into our camp between organized activities as well.
Camp Location & Hours
Summer 2019 camps are at Christ Church, 620 G Street SE in the parish hall.
- 8:30 am-3:45 pm – Yoga Camp,
- 3:45-5:45 pm – Aftercare with Games Club class by Labyrinth Games & Puzzles
Campers not staying for games should be picked up between 3:45-4 pm so we can start snack promptly at 4 pm. Thanks.
Camp Dates & Grade Ranges
Camp will run from June 17-Aug 30 with the exception of Jul 4 week:
|Week ||Registration Links |
|Jun 17||• PK4|
|Jun 24|| • Girl Power – 2nd 5th Gr|
• K-2nd Gr
• full: PK4 – waitlist
|Jul 08|| • PK4 **just added**|
• K-3rd Gr
|Jul 15|| • full: K-4th – waitlist ||• Aftercare|
|Jul 22|| • full: K-4th – waitlist||• Aftercare|
|Jul 29|| • full: K-4th – waitlist||• Aftercare|
|Aug 05|| • K-4th Gr ** 1 spot open! **||• Aftercare|
|Aug 12|| • 1st-3rd Gr ** new age range **|
• full: K – waitlist
• full: PK4 – waitlist
|Aug 19|| • full: 2nd-5th Gr – waitlist|
• full: K-1st Gr – waitlist
• full: PK4 – waitlist
|Aug 26|| • full: K-4th – M-F waitlist|
• full: PK 4 – M-W – waitlist
• full: PK4 – Th-Fr – waitlist
| • Aftercare M-W|
• Aftercare T-F
Waitlists: We are not able to predict movement. Sometimes, we have no changes at all while. Other times, we have several families change plans. If you are interested in being contacted with availability, please sign up for the appropriate waitlists. Please DO NOT enroll in aftercare if you do not have a confirmed spot in that week.
Note: DCPS starts 8/26 for K+. At most schools, PK4 first day will be Wed 8/29.
All summer camp grade ranges refer to Fall 2019 grades.
Our camps are intimate compared to many. We cap most weeks at 18 campers and maintain a minimum 6:1 camper:staff ratio. Our campers and counselors get to know each other and make lasting friendships.
On weeks open to rising PK4, that registration group accommodates 6-8 PK campers. PK campers spend the day with K and 1st grade campers, unless noted.
During the weeks of June 24, Aug 12, and Aug 19, camp will have two full classes: PK-1st and 2nd-5th Gr. During those weeks the two different groups will have some combined activities and outings and others just for their age group. Generally yoga class and craft activities will be separate.
During all other weeks, open to K-4th grade, camp operates as one class. While we may occasionally break into smaller groups, most activities will be combined.
With pre-approval, we also allow a very limited number of rising PK younger siblings who have experience with Breathing Space classes to attend weeks open to K-4th graders. See FAQs for our age policies, including younger sibling enrollment.
Counselor In Training Program
Rising 5th-8th graders are invited to apply to be a counselor in training. CITs are campers enrolled at half price who participate in all activities and help counselors prepare activities and manage younger campers. Learn more.
Tuition is $400 per week plus a $20 per student registration fee to cover camp t-shirts and other supplies. The first $100 of tuition is a non-refundable deposit (read more in FAQs and pricing policies).
Extended day $75 per week – Campers are welcome to join extended day with Games Club with Labyrinth until 5:45 pm. We offer a snack (air popped popcorn) before games club and campers are welcome to eat anything left from their packed lunch at that time if they like.
Need more details?
- Prices for series are a based on a $18 per visit rate and vary depending length of the series, with a per visit discount for series longer than 10 weeks. For example:
- 7 week series = $126
- 10 week series = $180
- 12 week series = $192
The following discounts apply to full series registration of multi-week classes only:
- Siblings – Siblings registering for the same class are eligible for a 50% discount after the first registration. See individual class descriptions for policies about younger and older siblings outside the stated class age range. All siblings older than 1 year must register for class.
- Long series – When series are longer than 10 weeks, we offer a per class discount. Final price is posted. No code required.
- Non-profit/fixed income/teachers/military discount – We offer a 10 percent discount to non-profit employees, military families, or persons on a fixed income if it makes attendance possible. Please contact us for the code.
Discounts codes do not combine. The registration system automatically applies the largest possible discount. Staff are unable to retroactively add discounts.
Our public prenatal yoga classes welcome drop-in students.
- Pay by the class, $20 per class
Simply drop in as your schedule allows. Advanced reservations are appreciated but not required.
- Multi-class flex-passes, $17 per class
When students commit to take 10 classes, they are eligible for a per class discounts. Purchase a 10-class package and then attend whenever it’s convenient for you within 6 months.
- Commit to a series, $16 per class
Our prenatal yoga classes are scheduled in 5-8 week minimesters. If you commit to all classes in a series, we offer a discount. One class may be carried over into a subsequent semester, but otherwise standard makeup policies apply.
Register for Series
- All prices at subject to 6% DC fitness tax.
Please pay for your drop-in class, class pass, or registration in advance. Several of our class venues have limited point-of-sale options and instructors do not accept cash. Our registration site is mobile friendly and accepts payments right up until class starts.
What if baby comes early and I don’t get to use all my classes? Send us a note when baby is born and we’ll transfer unused class credits to your account so you can apply the value to future registrations.
Yes, one adult can bring more than one child to class. (See below for special nanny share policies)
- Baby Yoga & Play – Yes, you can bring twins. Because so much of this class hands on we charge the same for two babies as one baby if there’s only one caregiver attending. No need to register both babies, simply put them both in your account profile, sign one up, and join us. If you are bringing two adults, you must register both children. Sibling discounts will apply.
- Tot Yoga – Yes, twins, siblings. and nanny-shares are welcome, however all children between crawling-24 months must be registered and all children present must have accounts in the system. No need to register non-mobile younger siblings or share partners. They are welcome to tag along with parent/caregiver, just note them on the registration form (and have their parents create an account for them if they are not attending with a paying sibling). Sibling discounts automatically apply.See below for nanny-share discount.
- Little Family Yoga or Toddler Family Yoga– Again, twins, younger siblings, and nanny-shares are welcome. This is the age range we most often see younger siblings. All children older than 1 year must register for class. No need to register non-mobile younger siblings or share partners. They are welcome to tag along with parent/caregiver, just note them on the registration form (and have their parents create an account for them if they are not attending with a paying sibling). Sibling discounts automatically apply.See below for nanny-share discount.
- Family Yoga – Siblings up to one year younger or older than the target age range are welcome to register for Family Yoga classes. For example, 3-year-olds are welcome in classes with the stated range of 4-8 yrs. If you have any questions about the appropriateness of class for your child, please contact us. Sibling discounts are automatic.
Please contact us with any additional questions or to discuss situations that don’t fit the above scenarios.
Nanny Share Registration
All children must be added to their own parent’s account in our registration system to attend class. Please do not add an unrelated nanny-share child to your profile. Their parents must set up an account and accept our terms & conditions.
If a nanny-share misses a class, the whole share is welcome to make up class on an alternate day or parents of the enrolled students my bring the child to do a makeup on the weekend, with or without their share partner.
Class specific policies:
- Tot, Toddler or Little Family Yoga – Families registering as part of a nanny share (one caregiver bringing multiple unrelated children) are are eligible for a 10% discount with the code NANNYSHARE10. Discounts must be taken during registration and cannot be applied retroactively.
- Baby & Me Yoga – Because so much of this class hands on we charge the same for two babies as one baby if there’s only one caregiver attending. However both families in a Nanny Share registration must create accounts and be reachable in case of emergency, so both families can use the discount code NANNYSHARE50 to take half off registration.
Breathing Space has had a chronic problem of last minute additions to camp aftercare. While accommodating one or two campers isn’t usually a problem, sometimes we get half a dozen last minute additions in the week before a camp and sometimes several on the morning of camp.
We get that life is sometimes unpredictable and last minute changes happen and want to help, but we suspect a fair amount of the last minute additions are caused by parents not being sure of their after camp plan when they sign up and then forgetting to do anything about it until days before or even the day of camp.
Last minute additions to aftercare sometimes leave us or the Labyrinth education director scrambling to add staff to aftercare or push us over our desired camper to staff ratios.
Starting in January 2019, aftercare costs $15 per day until two weeks before camp. After that, it’s $20 per day.
Breathing Space is happy to offer gift certificates, but does not have an automated system for redeeming them. Gift certificate purchases must be done in advance and cannot be redeemed in person at class.
Step 1: Create your account in our registration system. Please add any relevant family members.
Details about our classes can be found at breathingspacedc.com
Any “register” link will take you to our class registration system.
Step 2: Contact us to apply your certificate value.
Simply send an email indicating the certificate number and your name and email to email@example.com
If you include class or camp registration instructions in the email, we will set everything up and send you a confirmation. If not, we’ll send you a notice when your credit has been applied and you can
Step 3: Register online
Please contact us if you have questions.
Please note that we process credits as quickly as possible, but it may take a few days to complete your request.