Summer 2019 Registration Opens Jan 25
General registration begins January 25 (at 7 am). Returning campers with an active newsletter subscription will be given the opportunity to register early on or about January 15.
Why Yoga Camp?
Breathing Space summer camp provides children with a fun, creative, educational, and enriching experience through yoga movement classes, mindfulness activities, relaxation, games, crafts, field trips and outdoor time. Each week-long camp is sure to create lasting memories, new friendships, and a foundation for health and well-being!
Yoga and mindfulness can help children build self-regulatory skills, resilience, social awareness, and confidence, as well as gross-motor skills, strength, and fitness. Through yoga, children learn techniques for concentrating, reducing stress, and connecting to their bodies in a loving way while having fun.
Breathing Space Kids Yoga Camp takes the lessons we learn in our yoga and mindfulness practice and expand on them to a full week of activities. Of course we do lots of yoga and yoga games, but that’s not all.
- We’ll do arts and crafts or themed activities every day.
- We typically do at least one theme-based outing every week.
- Unless weather is terrible, we’ll walk to a nearby playground for lunch and outdoor time daily.
- We will have some form of quiet relaxation time every day for both nappers and non-nappers.
- We work a lot of free-play time into our camp between organized activities as well.
Camp Location & Hours
Summer 2019 camps are at Christ Church, 620 G Street SE in the parish hall.
- 8:30 am-3:45 pm – Yoga Camp,
- 3:45-5:45 pm – Aftercare with Games Club class by Labyrinth Games & Puzzles
Campers not staying for games should be picked up between 3:45-4 pm so we can start snack promptly at 4 pm. Thanks.
Camp Dates & Grade Ranges
General registration begins January 25 (at 7 am).
Returning campers with an active newsletter subscription will be given the opportunity to register early on or about January 15.
Camp will run from June 24-Aug 30 with the exception of Jul 4 week:
|Week ||Registration Links |
|Jun 24|| • Girl Power – 2nd 5th Gr|
• K-2nd Gr
|Jul 08|| • K-4th Gr||• Aftercare|
|Jul 15|| • K-4th Gr ||• Aftercare|
|Jul 22|| • K-4th Gr||• Aftercare|
|Jul 29|| • K-4th Gr||• Aftercare|
|Aug 05|| • K-4th Gr||• Aftercare|
|Aug 12|| • 2nd-5th Gr|
• K-1st Gr
|Aug 19|| • 2nd-5th Gr|
• K-1st Gr
|Aug 26|| • K-4th – M-F|
• PK4 – M-W
• PK4 – Th-Fr
| • Aftercare M-W|
• Aftercare T-F
Note: DCPS starts 8/19 for K+. At most schools, PK4 first day will be Wed 8/29.
Any camps the week of 6/17 will be determined once all DCPS snow day makeups have been confirmed.
All summer camp grade ranges refer to Fall 2019 grades.
Our camps are intimate compared to many. We cap most weeks at 18 campers and maintain a minimum 6:1 camper:staff ratio. Our campers and counselors get to know each other and make lasting friendships.
On weeks open to rising PK4, that registration group accommodates 6-8 campers. PK campers spend the day with K and 1st grade campers, unless noted.
During the weeks of June 24, Aug 12, and Aug 19, camp will have two full classes: PK-1st and 2nd-5th Gr. During those weeks the two different groups will have some combined activities and outings and others just for their age group. Generally yoga class and craft activities will be separate.
During all other weeks, open to K-4th grade, camp operates as one class. While we may occasionally break into smaller groups, most activities will be combined.
With pre-approval, we also allow a very limited number of rising PK younger siblings who have experience with Breathing Space classes to attend weeks open to K-4th graders. See FAQs for our age policies, including younger sibling enrollment.
Extended day $75 per week – Campers are welcome to join extended day with Games Club with Labyrinth until 5:45 pm. We offer a snack (air popped popcorn) before games club and campers are welcome to eat anything left from their packed lunch at that time if they like.
Need more details?
- Accounts belong to parents. Use your own name and contact information when you sign up. Then add your child(ren) along with their birthdays to your profile so they can be enrolled in classes and camps.
- Having trouble creating your account? If you are in our system already because you attended class in person or we imported your account from our previous system, you won’t be able to create an account. Use the password reset function to recover your profile.
- Classes are grouped by venue, alphabetically. If you aren’t finding a series or camp you think we offer, scroll down. (For example, camps at St. Mark’s are below camps at Christ Church even if they happen sooner.)
- Think you have a prenatal/postnatal class pass purchased on our previous registration system but not seeing the credits? Use the password reset function to claim the account associated with the email you used to buy the pass. If that doesn’t work, contact us and we’ll track down your purchase history.
Our registration system automatically creates waitlists for any fully enrolled camp or class. To get on the waitlist, you complete the registration process but do not submit payment.
If a camp fills way in advance, we will consider expanding staffing to accommodate waitlisted families.
If a spot opens up, we will contact you about submitting payment or for confirmation before we charge the payment method in your profile.
It is impossible to predict waitlist movement: Some camps we have several families change plans, sometimes at the very last minute. Sometimes when a spot opens, the first waitlisted family takes it. Other times, we call through the whole list and everyone has made other plans. So while we always recommend getting on the waitlist if you want to be called, we generally cannot make likelihood predictions.
Speed things upon confirmation up by saving a payment card to your account profile. We use NMI which is a secure, PCI compliant merchant processing gateway to store payment information.
Important: Do not include a waitlist registration on the same order as camp enrollment. The registration system will charge you in full for both camps even though your waitlist registration does not represent an enrollment. Tech support is working on fixing this problem. In the mean time, please do separate orders: one order for any camp with a waitlist and a separate order for any camp