Breathing Space Family Yoga Summer Camp
Why Yoga Camp?
Breathing Space summer camp provides children with a fun, creative, educational, and enriching experience through yoga movement classes, mindfulness activities, relaxation, games, crafts, field trips and outdoor time.
Each week-long camp is sure to create lasting memories, new friendships, and a foundation for health and well-being!
Yoga and mindfulness can help children build self-regulatory skills, resilience, social awareness, and confidence, as well as gross-motor skills, strength, and fitness. Through yoga, children learn techniques for concentrating, reducing stress, and connecting to their bodies in a loving way while having fun.
Breathing Space Kids Yoga Camp takes the lessons we learn in our yoga and mindfulness practice and expand on them to a full week of activities. Of course we do lots of yoga and yoga games, but that’s not all.
- We’ll do arts and crafts or themed activities every day.
- We hope to resume field trips during Summer 2022, pending public health guidance/regulations. We typically do at least one theme-based outing every week.
- Studio-based camps will have out-of-studio actvities most days from 9am-lunch.
- Unless weather is terrible, we’ll walk to a nearby playground for lunch and outdoor time daily.
- We will have some form of quiet relaxation time every day for both nappers and non-nappers.
- We work a lot of free-play time into our camp between organized activities as well.
Please read this page fully to understand the changes we’ve made to Summer Yoga Camp for 2022 and the COVID protocols we have put into place to keep our campers and staff safe and healthy.
Summer 2022 Camps
Pre-registration for returning campers begins Saturday, January 15*. General registration begins at 7 am on Monday, January 24. *Returning campers participated Summer 2019-2021 or School Year ’19-20 or ’21-22 camps; must be on email list to get code.
Camp Location & Hours
2022 Summer Yoga Camp will be held at
Christ Church (6th & G SE)
Breathing Space Studio (641 Penn Ave SE)
- 8:45 am-3:15* pm – Yoga Camp
Campers not enrolled in aftercare should be picked up between 3 and 3:15 pm. Thanks.
Please note that Yoga Trapeze Campers not staying for aftercare should be picked up promptly at 3 pm.
- 3 pm-5:30 pm - Aftercare
When camp is held at both locations, studio campers will walk to Christ Church for aftercare.
We are excited to announce that Labyrinth Games & Puzzles will be partnering with us again to offer Games Club after camp this summer.
2022 COVID Precautions*
- We will follow all DC public health and camp guidance as well as any rules set by the venues.
- Campers 5 yrs+ must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend camp.
- Adult staff will be fully vaccinated.
- Depending on DC regulations by summer, campers may be required to wear a well fitted face covering that seals securely above the nose and below the chin when they are indoors, except when they are sitting and eating. No gaters, bandanas, or mesh.
- Many camp activities will be held outdoors (even in normal times). Camp incorporates playground or other outings daily. Christ Church campers may also do arts and craft activities and free play in the church courtyard. As many meals and snacks as possible will be taken outdoors.
- More details will be offered as public health guidance is announced in the weeks leading up to camp.
Please review our refund policy prior to registering your campers. It has been expanded to cover instances of COVID exposure.
*updated Jan 8, 2022
Tuition & Deposits
Tuition is $425 per week plus a $20 per student registration fee to cover camp t-shirts and other supplies. Registration fee waived for early registrations, by January 30.
The first $100 of tuition is a non-refundable deposit (read more in FAQs and pricing policies). If you elect to pay the deposit-only during registration, you must save your payment card to your profile and the balance will be charged on June 1.
Extended day $125 per week - Campers are welcome to join extended day from 3-5:30 pm. We offer a snack (air popped popcorn) before games club and campers are welcome to eat anything left from their packed lunch at that time if they like.
Please register early for aftercare. Extended day pricing increases to $150 2 weeks before camp.
Group Sizes and Ages
Our camps are intimate compared to many. Studio-based camps are capped at 14 campers and most Christ Church camp classes are capped at groups of 16. Camps maintain a minimum 6:1 camper:staff ratio. Our campers and counselors get to know each other and make lasting friendships.
Please note camper grade ranges. All summer camp grade ranges refer to Fall 2022 grades.
Trapeze Yoga camps are for grades 3 and up.
With pre-approval, we also allow a very limited number of rising PK4 younger siblings who have experience with Breathing Space classes to attend weeks open to K-4th graders. See FAQs for our age policies, including younger sibling enrollment. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate rising PK3 students.
Waitlist registration opens automatically when camp fills and may not be reflected in the table above. Please DO NOT enroll in aftercare if you do not have a confirmed spot in that week.
Counselors in Training: 5th-8th Gr
Rising 5th-8th graders are invited to apply to be a counselor in training. CITs are campers enrolled at half price who participate in all activities and help counselors prepare activities and help manage younger campers. Learn more.