Frequently Asked Questions
Camp 2021/22 Refund Policy Note
Because of the small group sizes, Breathing Space is very limited in ability to offer refunds. If Breathing Space cancels camp because of changing public health guidance or COVID exposures causing under enrollment before the camp day or week begins, we will offer refunds, including deposits.
School Year Camp Policies and Deadlines
- Registration may be rescheduled or credited to a future camp or class (minus $5 processing fee per camp day) until 21 days before a scheduled camp. Rescheduling is subject to space availability.
- Within 21 days of a camp day, credits are only available if a waitlisted camper takes the spot (processing fee still applies). Camps often sell out well in advance. The further in advance you tell us about your camper’s change of plans, the more likely it is that we fill your spot.
Summer Camp Policies and Deadlines
- The first $100 of camp tuition is a non-refundable deposit.
- Registration may be rescheduled or credited to a different week of summer camp (minus $5 processing fee per camp day) until May 31, 2022. Rescheduling is subject to space availability.
- After May 31, credits are only available if a waitlisted camper takes the spot (processing fee still applies).
Camps often sell out well in advance. The further in advance you tell us about your camper’s change of plans, the more likely it is that we fill your spot.
Exceptions for COVID Exposure
The only refund/credit exception we can make is for campers who are exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19 the week before the camp week begins and notify us by the Friday before. For those cases, we can offer a partial credit or transfer (minus processing fees or deposit). There will be no refunds mid-week, even if a camper must pull out of camp due to Coronavirus/COVID-19 and even if camp must be cancelled.
If these refund policies don’t work for your family, then we recommend finding a larger camp that can absorb losses from last minute cancellations.
Refunds will usually be issued by the payment card used for registration or check mailed to the address on your account profile within 30 days of refund request receipt.
If your refund is dependent on another participant taking your spot in a program and the spot isn’t immediately filled, refunds will be issued within 30 days of the scheduled program start date rather than request receipt.
We sometimes fill cancelled spots, but sometimes don’t. When we hit our refund deadlines, the vast majority of possible participants – even those who put themselves on our waitlists – have made other plans and filling vacant spots can be challenging. At that point, we are counting on our registration numbers to cover our costs. If we allowed last minute refunds, we’d have to raise the price of camps and classes for everyone to compensate.
Managing changes to class and camp rosters, waitlists and refunds actually takes up a lot of staff time. While we understand that life isn’t always predictable, we don’t want clients registering to “hold their spot” while they firm up plans. Processing fees discourage this and compensate us for staff time.