Frequently Asked Questions
If you are having trouble, the following tips might help:
- Accounts belong to parents. Use your own name and contact information when you sign up. Then add your child(ren) along with their birthdays to your profile so they can be enrolled in classes and camps.
- Having trouble creating your account? If you are in our system already because you attended class in person or we imported your account from our previous system, you won’t be able to create an account. Use the password reset function to recover your profile.
- Classes are grouped by venue, alphabetically. If you aren’t finding a series or camp you think we offer, scroll down. (For example, camps at St. Mark’s are below camps at Christ Church even if they happen sooner.)
- Think you have a prenatal/postnatal class pass purchased on our previous registration system but not seeing the credits? Use the password reset function to claim the account associated with the email you used to buy the pass. If that doesn’t work, contact us and we’ll track down your purchase history.
Weekly Family Yoga In-Person Class Makeups
Due to COVID precautions, we have suspended in-person makeup classes for children. For the time being, please make up missed classes by either:
- viewing selections from our video library. You’ll find recordings in the Parent Portal of our registration site.
- or joining us on Zoom. Any family member may participate in any appropriate Zoom class as a makeup. Please use the discount code in your registration receipt or class information email to schedule a drop in.
Students enrolled in weekly in-person yoga series classes (4-12 weeks) may make up missed classes in another appropriate classes within 4 weeks of the original series dates. This is quite flexible. For example, if you miss a baby yoga class and there isn’t another that suits your schedule, you may bring your toddler to Little Family Yoga as a make up. If you miss Little Family Yoga you may take a prenatal yoga class or come to Baby & Toddler Singing Time (weekly class, not weekend workshop). Anytime we have a “Pop-Up” class on the schedule, that can be a makeup (pop ups must be reserved in advance). You can even send different adult family members to do the makeup class. Students may make up in any location.
Prenatal/Adult In-Person Makeups
Because adult in-person students are all vaccinated, there’s no need to isolate cohorts.
Students enrolled in weekly in-person yoga series classes (4-12 weeks) may make up missed classes in another appropriate classes within 4 weeks of the original series dates.
- To schedule another in-person prenatal class during the same semester, use our makeup scheduler. Email if you have any questions.
- To makeup in Zoom, register for a drop-in and use the discount code in your class instructions email or purchase receipt.
Zoom Student Makeups
Zoom recordings are posted to the class page within 24 hours of the class and are posted for 7 days. Watch the recording anytime that week.
Makeup Scheduling Online
There is a makeup scheduler in the MainStreetSites registration system. You must be logged into your account for the makeup scheduler to appear and you must be enrolled in a class for makeup spots to be available.
Once you are logged in, simply choose an appropriate makeup from the classes that appear. The student drop-down must match the enrolled student. If you are sending a different student than the original enrollment, just note that in the text field.
Note that toward the end of the semester, there may not be any available makeups in your desired class. We recommend scheduling your makeup as soon as you know you will miss and when you can attend instead. Makeups do not carry over to the next semester.
Workshop Makeups: Infant Massage, Birth & Baby Series
Many of our workshops are one time events and there is no makeup option if you do not attend. See our workshop enrollment and refund policies for details.
For short series classes such as Infant Massage, Beyond the Bump, or any birth & baby series – prenatal or postnatal, students may attend the same class in a subsequent series as a makeup. Those makeups are not in the scheduler. Email us to confirm.
Our registration system automatically creates waitlists for any fully enrolled camp or class. To get on the waitlist, you complete the registration process but do not submit payment.
If a camp fills way in advance, we will consider expanding staffing to accommodate waitlisted families.
If a spot opens up, we will contact you about submitting payment or for confirmation before we charge the payment method in your profile.
It is impossible to predict waitlist movement: Some camps we have several families change plans, sometimes at the very last minute. Sometimes when a spot opens, the first waitlisted family takes it. Other times, we call through the whole list and everyone has made other plans. So while we always recommend getting on the waitlist if you want to be called, we generally cannot make likelihood predictions.
Speed things upon confirmation up by saving a payment card to your account profile. We use NMI which is a secure, PCI compliant merchant processing gateway to store payment information.
Please Do Not Pay for Waitlisted Enrollment
You should not be asked to choose a payment method when you submit a waitlist-only order and your receipt will reflect “(pay later)” status.
Important: Do not include a waitlist registration on the same order as a regular camp enrollment! The registration system will charge you in full for both camps even though your waitlist registration does not represent an enrollment.
Tech support is working on fixing this problem. In the mean time, please do separate orders: one order for any camp with a waitlist and a separate order for any camp
Breathing Space is happy to offer gift certificates, but does not have an automated system for redeeming them. Gift certificate purchases must be done in advance and cannot be redeemed in person at class.
Step 1: Create your account in our registration system. Please add any relevant family members.
Details about our classes can be found at breathingspacedc.com
Any “register” link will take you to our class registration system.
Step 2: Contact us to apply your certificate value.
Simply send an email indicating the certificate number and your name and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you include class or camp registration instructions in the email, we will set everything up and send you a confirmation. If not, we’ll send you a notice when your credit has been applied and you can
Step 3: Register online
Please contact us if you have questions.
Please note that we process credits as quickly as possible, but it may take a few days to complete your request.