Frequently Asked Questions
Camp 2021/22 Refund Policy Note
Because of the small group sizes, Breathing Space is very limited in ability to offer refunds. If Breathing Space cancels camp because of changing public health guidance or COVID exposures causing under enrollment before the camp day or week begins, we will offer refunds, including deposits.
School Year Camp Policies and Deadlines
- Registration may be rescheduled or credited to a future camp or class (minus $5 processing fee per camp day) until 21 days before a scheduled camp. Rescheduling is subject to space availability.
- Within 21 days of a camp day, credits are only available if a waitlisted camper takes the spot (processing fee still applies). Camps often sell out well in advance. The further in advance you tell us about your camper’s change of plans, the more likely it is that we fill your spot.
Summer Camp Policies and Deadlines
- The first $100 of camp tuition is a non-refundable deposit.
- Registration may be rescheduled or credited to a different week of summer camp (minus $5 processing fee per camp day) until May 31, 2022. Rescheduling is subject to space availability.
- After May 31, credits are only available if a waitlisted camper takes the spot (processing fee still applies).
Camps often sell out well in advance. The further in advance you tell us about your camper’s change of plans, the more likely it is that we fill your spot.
Exceptions for COVID Exposure
The only refund/credit exception we can make is for campers who are exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19 the week before the camp week begins and notify us by the Friday before. For those cases, we can offer a partial credit or transfer (minus processing fees or deposit). There will be no refunds mid-week, even if a camper must pull out of camp due to Coronavirus/COVID-19 and even if camp must be cancelled.
If these refund policies don’t work for your family, then we recommend finding a larger camp that can absorb losses from last minute cancellations.
We hate to cancel camp. We know parents are counting on camp and our staff are counting on the work. If we cancel camp before the start of the week (or day for school-year camps), we issue refunds.
School Year Camps may be cancelled due to low enrollment 14 days in advance of camp. Within 14 days, we would only cancel due to weather or another emergency.
Summer Camp cancellations are unusual and will be made based on enrollment projections by May 31.
SUMMER 2021: We may cancel camp if public health guidance/regulation closes our venue or otherwise requires it or in the case of COVID-19 exposure by campers. If camp is closed before the week begins, we will issue refunds and transfers. If camp closes mid-week, we are unable to offer refunds.
Weather or emergency cancellations: Because we do not use DCPS facilities for camp, we are not obligated to follow their weather cancellations policies, but some of our venues do anyway. If staff can safely get to camp and the facility is available, we will try to hold camp. We are more likely to cancel if the federal government shuts down. We will send emails and post messages to social media if camp is cancelled or delayed due to weather. Make sure your registration email is one you check regularly and follow us on social media.