Breathing Space Online • Live Classes and Camps
Breathing Space offers classes for the whole family that can be enjoyed from the comfort of your home.
Our live classes are delivered on the Zoom platform and are limited in size to ensure personalization and allow community-building class interactions. Series registration or membership required.
Live online classes welcome the entire family to participate for a single class fee based on $12 per class tuition.
While instruction will be tailored for the stated age, older and younger siblings are welcome to join in the fun. Parent participation is highly recommended for classes designed for children younger than 4 years. No previous yoga experience necessary; be prepared/dressed for for movement.
Want to take 2-3 classes per week? Learn more about summer unlimited class membership.
“The Breathing Space virtual classes have been a great way to get my kids (and the rest of us) active in a mindful and fun way at home, add some structure to the day, and stay connected to the community. The interaction with the teacher is wonderful and we even get to see some of our friends from past classes too. I am so grateful to the Breathing Space team for continuing to do what they do best!”
“My daughter had so much fun in this class! This was a great afternoon, mindful, and active break. Having the real-time teacher interaction meant so much to her and kept her focused. She is already looking forward to the next one.”
Upcoming Live Classes
Pay What You Can Option
We don't want the current economic crisis to take yoga from anyone's life. Find out more.
Private Individual or Group Classes
Our team can customize a class for your scout troop, playgroup, or other group of up to about 12 families. Get in touch to find out more.
Interested in one-on-one instruction? Older children and teens sometimes respond really well to private lessons. Contact us to set that up.
Virtual Summer Programs for Kids
Virtual Yoga & Mindful Art Camp
Full or Part Day - PK4-4th Gr
Escape Room Adventure Yoga Camp
Full Day - 4th-8th Gr
On Demand Courses
Our on-demand classes and courses are delivered on the Teachable platform, which allows for self-paced study and unlimited review.
Practice on Your Own Schedule
Want to watch weekly classes again or practice anytime? Learn about our Class Archive Subscription
Online Classes Frequently Asked Questions
We often here from parents that they are hesitant to enroll if they aren’t sure their child will enjoy a class. We get it. That’s why we have our:
No Risk Refund Policy – Not sure if a kids & family series class will be right for you or your child? Register and come to the first class. If you notify us in writing within 48 hours after the first class that you will not be able to continue the session, we refund all but $2o for that first class.
We are also very flexible about switching classes for students who have nap time shifts during the course of a series. For example, if your child is enrolled in an 11 am class and starts napping at that time, we’ll happily switch her into one of our 9 or 9:30 am classes instead.
Can I send my wife/husband/mother/grandmother/nanny/neighbor to class with my child instead of me sometimes?
Absolutely. Your child is welcome to bring any grownup they want with them to class. Up to 2 caregivers may attend class on a weekly basis. Additional visitors may attend occasionally and are encouraged to participate. Please be considerate of space constraints when bringing guests.
Absolutely. It sometimes takes a few weeks for our more reserved students to get comfortable enough to participate. That’s one of the reasons we offer classes in 6-10 week series rather than drop-in. Toddlers especially need time to get used to a space, a group of people and an instructor.
Even once they are comfortable, some more reserved little ones may be more watchers than doers in class. That doesn’t mean they are not learning and they may be more inclined to practice at home.
We do expect parent participation. The more yoga you do in class the more your child will do.
While parents should expect to move quite a lot, we will be doing yoga appropriate for the child’s age range, so it’s probably not a workout for the grownups as compared to an adult class.
Poses and activities are designed with toddlers/preschoolers in mind. While your instructor will likely be able to make suggestions, we expect adults to take care of their own bodies during class.
It’s rarely a problem. Pregnant moms often skip or modify belly-down poses and anything else that doesn’t feel right and adults with special conditions adjusting accordingly.
The biggest challenge is probably for adults who have significant difficulty getting up and down from the floor. I’ve had mobility-challenged caregivers, usually older nannies or grandparents, do very few of the poses with no problem. My suggestion is to try it and see how it goes.
Do note that several of our class venues are down a flight of stairs (strollers can be left locked outside). Our Saturday and Sunday class venues are handicap accessible.
Yes, one adult can bring more than one child to class. (See below for special nanny share policies)
- Baby Yoga & Play – Yes, you can bring twins. Because so much of this class hands on we charge the same for two babies as one baby if there’s only one caregiver attending. No need to register both babies, simply put them both in your account profile, sign one up, and join us. If you are bringing two adults, you must register both children. Sibling discounts will apply.
- Tot Yoga – Yes, twins, siblings. and nanny-shares are welcome, however all children between crawling-24 months must be registered and all children present must have accounts in the system. No need to register non-mobile younger siblings or share partners. They are welcome to tag along with parent/caregiver, just note them on the registration form (and have their parents create an account for them if they are not attending with a paying sibling). Sibling discounts automatically apply.See below for nanny-share discount.
- Little Family Yoga or Toddler Family Yoga– Again, twins, younger siblings, and nanny-shares are welcome. This is the age range we most often see younger siblings. All children older than 1 year must register for class. No need to register non-mobile younger siblings or share partners. They are welcome to tag along with parent/caregiver, just note them on the registration form (and have their parents create an account for them if they are not attending with a paying sibling). Sibling discounts automatically apply.See below for nanny-share discount.
- Family Yoga – Siblings up to one year younger or older than the target age range are welcome to register for Family Yoga classes. For example, 3-year-olds are welcome in classes with the stated range of 4-8 yrs. If you have any questions about the appropriateness of class for your child, please contact us. Sibling discounts are automatic.
Please contact us with any additional questions or to discuss situations that don’t fit the above scenarios.
Nanny Share Registration
All children must be added to their own parent’s account in our registration system to attend class. Please do not add an unrelated nanny-share child to your profile. Their parents must set up an account and accept our terms & conditions.
If a nanny-share misses a class, the whole share is welcome to make up class on an alternate day or parents of the enrolled students my bring the child to do a makeup on the weekend, with or without their share partner.
Class specific policies:
- Tot, Toddler or Little Family Yoga – Families registering as part of a nanny share (one caregiver bringing multiple unrelated children) are are eligible for a 10% discount with the code NANNYSHARE10. Discounts must be taken during registration and cannot be applied retroactively.
- Baby & Me Yoga – Because so much of this class hands on we charge the same for two babies as one baby if there’s only one caregiver attending. However both families in a Nanny Share registration must create accounts and be reachable in case of emergency, so both families can use the discount code NANNYSHARE50 to take half off registration.
A common hesitation to signing up for a weekly class is that parents aren’t sure it will be the right fit for their child. We get that. It can be hard to even imagine a toddler or preschooler yoga or sign language class if you’ve never attended one.
That’s why we offer a No Risk Refund Policy – Register and come (or log-in) to the first class. If you notify us in writing within 24 hours of class that you will not be able to continue the session, you will pay only $20 ($15 if online) for the class you attended. (See refund policies for more information.)