Breathing Space Online • Live Classes and Camps
Breathing Space offers classes for the whole family that can be enjoyed from the comfort of your home.
Our live classes are delivered on the Zoom platform and are limited in size to ensure personalization and allow community-building class interactions. Series registration or membership required.
Live online classes welcome the entire family to participate for a single class fee based on $12 per class tuition.
While instruction will be tailored for the stated age, older and younger siblings are welcome to join in the fun. Parent participation is highly recommended for classes designed for children younger than 4 years. No previous yoga experience necessary; be prepared/dressed for for movement.
Want to take 2-3 classes per week? Learn more about summer unlimited class membership.
“The Breathing Space virtual classes have been a great way to get my kids (and the rest of us) active in a mindful and fun way at home, add some structure to the day, and stay connected to the community. The interaction with the teacher is wonderful and we even get to see some of our friends from past classes too. I am so grateful to the Breathing Space team for continuing to do what they do best!”
“My daughter had so much fun in this class! This was a great afternoon, mindful, and active break. Having the real-time teacher interaction meant so much to her and kept her focused. She is already looking forward to the next one.”
Upcoming Live Classes
Pay What You Can Option
We don't want the current economic crisis to take yoga from anyone's life. Find out more.
Private Individual or Group Classes
Our team can customize a class for your scout troop, playgroup, or other group of up to about 12 families. Get in touch to find out more.
Interested in one-on-one instruction? Older children and teens sometimes respond really well to private lessons. Contact us to set that up.
Virtual Summer Programs for Kids
Virtual Yoga & Mindful Art Camp
Full or Part Day - PK4-4th Gr
Escape Room Adventure Yoga Camp
Full Day - 4th-8th Gr
On Demand Courses
Our on-demand classes and courses are delivered on the Teachable platform, which allows for self-paced study and unlimited review.
Practice on Your Own Schedule
Want to watch weekly classes again or practice anytime? Learn about our Class Archive Subscription
Online Classes Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for taking the plunge into online yoga with us! We’ve run a few test classes and wanted to share what we’ve learned about how to make your experience the best it can be.
1. Just like our studio classes, expect your child to behave like a child. There will be highly variable levels of engagement across the group for each activity. Know that your child will participate exactly the way they need to. They may simply sit and watch the screen. Or they may wander off. It’s all good.
2. The best thing you can do to facilitate your child’s experience is to be near the screen, modeling the poses for your child. Because we know children will not be as engaged by a computer screen as they would by an in-person class, we’ll add in a little more yoga for the grown-ups so that you can continue participating if your child disengages. Just like in a studio class, the more yoga you do, the more yoga your child will do.
3. When you enter the Zoom meeting, your microphone will be muted. Feel free to unmute for introductions or if you need to say something to the teacher, but in general, keep yourself muted. Background noise from individual students becomes extremely distracting very quickly. Note that the teacher has mute/unmute controls for the whole class may unmute everyone at particular moments in class, such as to answer group questions or so we can hear each other while we sing.
4. You don’t need any special equipment. A yoga mat is great, but you can skip it or use a towel or blanket. Your teacher may email ahead of class supplies you may want to gather in advance, but will always suggest alternatives. Scarves, for instance, can be literal scarves, cloth napkins, pillowcases, or even a t-shirt. We will generally end with some form of quiet time, so if you want to include bubbles, have them handy at the beginning of class.
5. Expect this to be a practice in authenticity. Life is messy right now, and sometimes, so are these yoga classes. We promise–no one is paying attention to your hair, your house, or your children’s behavior. Your children will climb all over you. They will jump on the sofa. There will be toys or laundry scattered around your living room. Your teacher’s children may decide to guest-star in the video. The yoga is important, but so is community, so let’s all take a collective breath, give ourselves grace, and decide to let each class experience just be what it is.
Note about privacy: Zoom has a setting to record only the instructor for our replays, but each teacher must enable that on their recording every time they start class. If they forget, it is possible that snippets of your living room will appear in the replay video during introductions or other times when you unmute your audio. (If you just want to hide your clutter – man there’s a lot of clutter when everyone spends all their time in a small space – you can set a virtual background to your video in Zoom.) We will not circulate replay videos beyond class participants without checking with you first.
Additionally, we are taking steps to ensure that our Zoom participants are only our enrolled students/members and that we do not experience the spamming problems you may have heard about on publicly accessible Zoom events. In addition to circulating the link ONLY to enrolled participants and taking attendance in classes, we have enabled passwords on all our events. We can change those at anytime. We have also disabled participant screen sharing and file sharing. Currently participants can engage in private chats with each other and the instructor and we feel this is appropriate given our other precautions. Please let us know if you have concerns.