Breathing Space Online • Live Classes and Camps
Breathing Space offers classes for the whole family that can be enjoyed from the comfort of your home.
Our live classes are delivered on the Zoom platform and are limited in size to ensure personalization and allow community-building class interactions. Series registration or membership required.
Live online classes welcome the entire family to participate for a single class fee based on $12 per class tuition.
While instruction will be tailored for the stated age, older and younger siblings are welcome to join in the fun. Parent participation is highly recommended for classes designed for children younger than 4 years. No previous yoga experience necessary; be prepared/dressed for for movement.
Want to take 2-3 classes per week? Learn more about summer unlimited class membership.
“The Breathing Space virtual classes have been a great way to get my kids (and the rest of us) active in a mindful and fun way at home, add some structure to the day, and stay connected to the community. The interaction with the teacher is wonderful and we even get to see some of our friends from past classes too. I am so grateful to the Breathing Space team for continuing to do what they do best!”
“My daughter had so much fun in this class! This was a great afternoon, mindful, and active break. Having the real-time teacher interaction meant so much to her and kept her focused. She is already looking forward to the next one.”
Upcoming Live Classes
Pay What You Can Option
We don't want the current economic crisis to take yoga from anyone's life. Find out more.
Private Individual or Group Classes
Our team can customize a class for your scout troop, playgroup, or other group of up to about 12 families. Get in touch to find out more.
Interested in one-on-one instruction? Older children and teens sometimes respond really well to private lessons. Contact us to set that up.
Virtual Summer Programs for Kids
Virtual Yoga & Mindful Art Camp
Full or Part Day - PK4-4th Gr
Escape Room Adventure Yoga Camp
Full Day - 4th-8th Gr
On Demand Courses
Our on-demand classes and courses are delivered on the Teachable platform, which allows for self-paced study and unlimited review.
Practice on Your Own Schedule
Want to watch weekly classes again or practice anytime? Learn about our Class Archive Subscription
Online Classes Frequently Asked Questions
Breathing Space does not allow single class drop-ins for family classes. Why?
Semester Commitment is Best for Both Students and the Program
We’ve written before about the benefits of committing to a weekly yoga class. Children, even more than adults, benefit from the consistency and progressive teaching enabled by full registration.
We understand that may be different from what you are used to with yoga classes. Kids yoga operates in an unusual context. While adult yoga classes are very often drop-in based, you cannot just occasionally show up to any other kind of teacher-directed children’s class. There’s no drop-in ballet, gymnastics, music, art, karate, etc. All of these programs require registration in a series of classes or monthly membership. This creates a stable class and allows lessons to build upon on each other.
Session Commitment Encourages Consistent Attendance
As a parent, there are tons of demands on my time and regularly attending a class requires commitment. Paying ahead of time gives me that sense of obligation to actually go every week. This is true for me with my own classes and it’s doubly true for me to motivate my child out of the house, even for activities she (or we both) adore.
Session Commitment Enhances the Student Experience
As a children’s instructor, I find:
- Drop-in classes are not in the best interest of the child. It often takes 3 or 4 classes for a child, especially a toddler, to feel comfortable with a new place, new people, and a new routine. Children benefit from repetition and structure. Since drop-in students tend to only show up once or twice a semester, they miss out on the full benefits of the experience.
- Drop-ins detract from the experience of the students who have committed to a full session of classes because my attention is drawn to the new student – on everything from taking payment and filling in the parent on policies, facilities, and expectations, to making the new child feel comfortable.
But . . .
There are two major objections that I hear from parents to registering for an entire session:
- That they aren’t sure if class will be right for their child. We get that. It can be hard to even imagine a toddler or preschooler yoga class if you’ve never attended one.
That’s why we offer a No Risk Refund Policy – Not sure if class will be right for you or your child? Register and come to the first class. If you notify us in writing within 24 hours of class that you will not be able to continue the session, you will pay only $20 for the class you attended. (See refund policies for more information.)
- That they have travel or other schedule obligations that prevent full attendance. We understand schedules can be tricky. We intentionally skip holiday weekends and other high-travel times and offer a very generous make-up policy. To make up a missed class:
- Any family member may take any other appropriate class during the same session – this means a similar kids class or parents can take an adult class;
- If there is space in your class, you may bring a friend as your make-up class. Please confirm space availability with your instructor.