Baby Sign Language
Why teach your baby sign language?
Most children begin to communicate through speech at 15-18 months of age. With the use of sign language, families are now developing closer bonds with their children as they begin to communicate as early as 8-12 months of age!
- Helps babies communicate before talking
- Reduces frustration and tantrums
- Increases bonding and connection
- Early communication can help keep them safe
- Opens a window to your child’s heart and mind
- Teaches the building blocks of a second language (American Sign Language)
Parent & Baby Intro Workshops
In this weekend parent-focused workshop, the instructor introduces some of the most commonly used signs for families of babies and toddlers. Families practice American Sign Language signs such as “milk” and “more,” learn signs to go along with a traditional children’s song, and learn tips for practicing at home. Registration includes a booklet of the signs covered. Most appropriate for families with babies nearing 6 months through verbal fluency, often about 2.5 yrs.
Baby & Toddler Signing Time
This weekly caregiver and child class incorporate creative songs, playful activities, and stories as we teach American Sign Language vocabulary for early communication. We'll introduce new ASL signs every week, practice signs we've already learned, and send parent/caregivers home with handouts to support home practice.
Our Baby & Toddler Signing Time Play & Read classes incorporate creative songs, playful activities, and stories as we teach American Sign Language vocabulary for early communication. This interactive and educational class from pre-crawling babies through 3-year-old toddlers with their favorite grown-up. Join us to support your child’s language development and communication skills while making friends and having fun. welcomes mom, dad, grandparents, nannies
- Registration is for one child and caregiver - mom, dad, grandparent, nannies, or other caregiver welcome. Sibling discount automatically applies.
- Class is most appropriate from about 6 months; babies younger than that may attend with older sibling at no charge.
Families may wish to purchase digital video subscription resource for home practice. Check your enrollment email for a discount code.