Baby Yoga & Play
This interactive, fun class for newborn to pre-crawling babies and their grownup(s) contains dozens of yoga-inspired movements, postures, songs, rhymes and activities designed to support baby’s development. Each class is filled with calming, nurturing ways to enhance bonding, soothe the inevitable cranky moments, and improve baby’s sleep.
What happens in baby yoga & play?
Having trouble imagining your newborn laying quietly through a yoga class? Our classes are a bit different than some others advertised as baby & me yoga. This is not designed as a parent exercise and instead is a parent-baby enrichment activity involving movement and yoga. Babies are engaged for the entire class time in Baby Yoga & Play.
Developmentally Supportive Activities for Baby
Babies participate while on their backs, tummies, or held in loving arms. For grownups, this class is a special opportunity to meet other parents and caregivers, get support, and learn about baby’s emerging personality.
Movement and Mindfulness for Caregivers
Grownups will also get to do a bit of postpartum-appropriate yoga themselves, including strength- and flexibility-building postures, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques to address common physical complaints and mental/emotional stressors during the new-parent period.
Upcoming Class Series
Baby Yoga & Play Registration Policies
- Classes are offered in either single-date pop up classes or multi-class series with set start and end dates.
- If students must miss a class, they are welcome to attend any other appropriate weekly class as a makeup within 4 weeks of the original series, or bring a friend to class as a makeup. See makeup class FAQs for details.
- Late registration may be possible for the first third of the series. Fees automatically prorate.
- Public venue classes are limited to 14 families. Please register early. Classes with insufficient enrollment a week in advance of course start may be cancelled.
- Most appropriate for newborns (6 weeks+ recommended) to precrawlers and a favorite grown up – ie. mom, dad, grandparent, nanny. Up to two adults are welcome on weekly basis, and the same adult need not be present every time.
- No previous yoga experience necessary; be prepared/dressed for movement.
- Twins and nanny shares welcome. Two babies attending with two adults should each be registered; sibling discount is automatic. A single caregiver can absolutely bring two babies and have a great time, but because so much of this class is hands-on, we only charge for one baby. Please do one of the following:
- One caregiver registering twins should register one child and email us to add the second to the roster at no charge.
- Both families in a nanny share must register so we have proper emergency contacts and waivers signed. Both families should use the discount code NANNYSHARE50 to take half off registration and make a note on the registration of the share partner and nanny attending.
Still not sure if Baby Yoga & Play is right for you? That’s why we have a no-risk registration policy. If you attend your first class and decide it’s not a good fit, we make it easy to drop a class series. Read all of our class policies and FAQs.
Baby Yoga Frequently Asked Questions
School Year / Day-off Camp
Registration may be rescheduled or credited to a future camp or class (minus $5 processing fee per camp day) until 21 days before a scheduled camp. Rescheduling is subject to space availability.
Within 21 days of a camp day, credits are only available if a waitlisted camper takes the spot (processing fee still applies). Camps often sell out well in advance. The further in advance you tell us about your camper’s change of plans, the more likely it is that we fill your spot.
Registrations cancelled before May 31 will be issued as a refund minus the $100 non-refundable portion of tuition or credited to any other available camp week or program for a $5 processing fee.
Refunds and credits will only be issued after May 31 if a waitlisted camper takes the available spot. Switching weeks is still be option, space permitting, but the $100 deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable at this point.
If Breathing Space cancels a camp due to under-enrollment, inclement weather, or other emergency, registrants will have the option of applying a credit or taking a refund.
Because your reservation represents a space in camp that was held for you and not available for purchase by other campers, there are no refunds issued after the dates listed above.
Edit 01/07/19: We’ve had a rash of refund requests for day off camp right at the previous 14-day deadline, which was very disruptive because that is also our final staffing and camp-cancellation deadline. Within two weeks of camp, parents need to know that we have sufficient enrollment to run and staff need to confirm their work plans. We do not want campers holding a spot in camp unless they are planning to use it. Consequently we ended refunds for day off camps, credit only, and pushed the deadline back by a week.
Refunds will usually be issued by check mailed to the address on your account profile within 30 days of refund request receipt.
If your refund is dependent on another participant taking your spot in a program and the spot isn’t immediately filled, refunds will be issued within 30 days of the scheduled program start date rather than request receipt.
We sometimes fill cancelled spots, but sometimes don’t. When we hit our refund deadlines, the vast majority of possible participants – even those who put themselves on our waitlists – have made other plans and filling vacant spots can be challenging. At that point we are counting on our registration numbers to cover our costs. If we allowed last minute refunds, we’d have to raise the price of camps and classes for everyone to compensate.
Managing changes to class and camp rosters, waitlists and refunds actually takes up a lot of staff time. While we understand that life isn’t always predictable, we don’t want clients registering to “hold their spot” while they firm up plans. Processing fees discourage this and compensate us for staff time.
In light of the current situation, we are updating our summer camp refund policy to provide additional flexibility. Deadlines and non-refundable deposits enable Breathing Space to organize staffing and plan, compensate us for the staff time involved in managing waitlists and registration changes, and discourage registrants from holding camp spots they do not intend to use.
Normal policy (summary):
- If parents cancel before May 31, refund – $100 per child/week deposit.
- If we cancel, full refund.
Read in full.
New Cancelation Grace Period and COVID19-Triggered Summer 2020 Policy:
Please note these policies are based on the currently published school scheduled. If DCPS adjusts Fall 2020 start dates, additional flexibility will apply to affected weeks. Aftercare is always refunded when associated with a camp refund.
We will begin processing refund requests the week of May 4 and do so approximately weekly after that. It will then take a few days to appear on your payment card, so please allow two weeks for this process.
- If we cancel, full refund.
We are treating in-person camp and virtual camp as two separate offerings. You may transfer between them, but if we cancel in-person camp that is us cancelling your registration. You may choose to transfer to virtual or not at that time. We do not hold deposits when we cancel no matter when that happens.
By May 15
- If parent cancels after health emergency was declared and by May 15 = full refund (We are waiving the deposit requirement and admin fees).
- If parent transfers any camp week registrations to our virtual camp by May 31 = refund of price difference + 10% (earlybird registration discount)
This is option is for parents who know now that they are not comfortable with in-person camp this summer. You may choose to transfer to virtual and take advantage of the early-bird promotional discount.
By May 31
- If parent cancels after May 15 but by May 31 = refund – $100 per child/week deposit.
- If parent transfers to our virtual offering by May 31 = refund of price difference + 10%
This option is our regular policy plus and incentive to switch to virtual camp if have realized you need to back out of in-person camp.
After May 31 AND More Than 4 Weeks Before Camp
- If parent cancels but does not transfer more than four weeks before enrolled camp weeks starts = 50% refund.
- If a parent transfers into a virtual offering more than four weeks before = refund of price difference – $20 admin fee.
This is Summer 2020 special flexibility and applies if it is after May 31 and we are still running in-person camp, but your comfort level or plans have changed and you are able to give us 4 weeks notice. You retain most of your deposit value if you switch to virtual.
After May 31 AND Within 4 Weeks of Camp
- If parent cancels within four weeks = no refund.
- If – on a week camp is running in person – a parent transfers into a virtual offering less than four weeks before camp = refund of price difference – $100 deposit.
This applies if we are still running in-person camp, but your comfort level or plans have changed LAST MINUTE. You may still transfer and take a partial refund. Deposit is not refunded.
Dif. + 10%
Ref. – Deposit
Price Dif. + 10%
|Jul 6||May 15||May 31||Jun 7|
|Jul 13||May 15||May 31||Jun 14|
|Jul 20||May 15||May 31||Jun 21|
|Jul 27||May 15||May 31||Jun 28|
|Aug 03||May 15||May 31||Jul 5|
|Aug 10||May 15||May 31||Jul 12|
|Aug 17||May 15||May 31||Jul 19|
|Aug 24||May 15||May 31||Jul 26|
|Aug 31||May 15||May 31||Aug 2|
What if DCPS starts in August and we can no longer attend?
That would generally be considered an event outside of your control and a special exception – even if it happens to a lot of people. We would issue a full refund.
Same thing applies if a family member contracts COVID-19. That would be considered a significant family emergency that justifies a policy exception.
What if my child hates virtual camp?
Refund – $20 per week admin fee to withdraw, capped at $50 per child.
Anytime – Full refund for aftercare if associated with camp refund request or when transferring to virtual camp.