Baby Yoga & Play
This interactive, fun class for newborn to pre-crawling babies and their grownup(s) contains dozens of yoga-inspired movements, postures, songs, rhymes and activities designed to support baby’s development. Each class is filled with calming, nurturing ways to enhance bonding, soothe the inevitable cranky moments, and improve baby’s sleep.
What happens in baby yoga & play?
Having trouble imagining your newborn laying quietly through a yoga class? Our classes are a bit different than some others advertised as baby & me yoga. This is not designed as a parent exercise and instead is a parent-baby enrichment activity involving movement and yoga. Babies are engaged for the entire class time in Baby Yoga & Play.
Developmentally Supportive Activities for Baby
Babies participate while on their backs, tummies, or held in loving arms. For grownups, this class is a special opportunity to meet other parents and caregivers, get support, and learn about baby’s emerging personality.
Movement and Mindfulness for Caregivers
Grownups will also get to do a bit of postpartum-appropriate yoga themselves, including strength- and flexibility-building postures, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques to address common physical complaints and mental/emotional stressors during the new-parent period.
Upcoming Class Series
Baby Yoga & Play Registration Policies
- Classes are offered in either single-date pop up classes or multi-class series with set start and end dates.
- If students must miss a class, they are welcome to attend any other appropriate weekly class as a makeup within 4 weeks of the original series, or bring a friend to class as a makeup. See makeup class FAQs for details.
- Late registration may be possible for the first third of the series. Fees automatically prorate.
- Public venue classes are limited to 14 families. Please register early. Classes with insufficient enrollment a week in advance of course start may be cancelled.
- Most appropriate for newborns (6 weeks+ recommended) to precrawlers and a favorite grown up – ie. mom, dad, grandparent, nanny. Up to two adults are welcome on weekly basis, and the same adult need not be present every time.
- No previous yoga experience necessary; be prepared/dressed for movement.
- Twins and nanny shares welcome. Two babies attending with two adults should each be registered; sibling discount is automatic. A single caregiver can absolutely bring two babies and have a great time, but because so much of this class is hands-on, we only charge for one baby. Please do one of the following:
- One caregiver registering twins should register one child and email us to add the second to the roster at no charge.
- Both families in a nanny share must register so we have proper emergency contacts and waivers signed. Both families should use the discount code NANNYSHARE50 to take half off registration and make a note on the registration of the share partner and nanny attending.
Still not sure if Baby Yoga & Play is right for you? That’s why we have a no-risk registration policy. If you attend your first class and decide it’s not a good fit, we make it easy to drop a class series. Read all of our class policies and FAQs.
Baby Yoga Frequently Asked Questions
Refunds will usually be issued by check mailed to the address on your account profile within 30 days of refund request receipt.
If your refund is dependent on another participant taking your spot in a program and the spot isn’t immediately filled, refunds will be issued within 30 days of the scheduled program start date rather than request receipt.
We sometimes fill cancelled spots, but sometimes don’t. When we hit our refund deadlines, the vast majority of possible participants – even those who put themselves on our waitlists – have made other plans and filling vacant spots can be challenging. At that point we are counting on our registration numbers to cover our costs. If we allowed last minute refunds, we’d have to raise the price of camps and classes for everyone to compensate.
Managing changes to class and camp rosters, waitlists and refunds actually takes up a lot of staff time. While we understand that life isn’t always predictable, we don’t want clients registering to “hold their spot” while they firm up plans. Processing fees discourage this and compensate us for staff time.
We often here from parents that they are hesitant to enroll if they aren’t sure their child will enjoy a class. We get it. That’s why we have our:
No Risk Refund Policy – Not sure if a kids & family series class will be right for you or your child? Register and come to the first class. If you notify us in writing within 48 hours after the first class that you will not be able to continue the session, we refund all but $2o for that first class.
We are also very flexible about switching classes for students who have nap time shifts during the course of a series. For example, if your child is enrolled in an 11 am class and starts napping at that time, we’ll happily switch her into one of our 9 or 9:30 am classes instead.
A common hesitation to signing up for a weekly class is that parents aren’t sure it will be the right fit for their child. We get that. It can be hard to even imagine a toddler or preschooler yoga or sign language class if you’ve never attended one.
That’s why we offer a No Risk Refund Policy – Register and come (or log-in) to the first class. If you notify us in writing within 24 hours of class that you will not be able to continue the session, you will pay only $20 ($15 if online) for the class you attended. (See refund policies for more information.)