Baby Yoga & Play
This interactive, fun class for newborn to pre-crawling babies and their grownup(s) contains dozens of yoga-inspired movements, postures, songs, rhymes and activities designed to support baby’s development. Each class is filled with calming, nurturing ways to enhance bonding, soothe the inevitable cranky moments, and improve baby’s sleep.
What happens in baby yoga & play?
Having trouble imagining your newborn laying quietly through a yoga class? Our classes are a bit different than some others advertised as baby & me yoga. This is not designed as a parent exercise and instead is a parent-baby enrichment activity involving movement and yoga. Babies are engaged for the entire class time in Baby Yoga & Play.
Developmentally Supportive Activities for Baby
Babies participate while on their backs, tummies, or held in loving arms. For grownups, this class is a special opportunity to meet other parents and caregivers, get support, and learn about baby’s emerging personality.
Movement and Mindfulness for Caregivers
Grownups will also get to do a bit of postpartum-appropriate yoga themselves, including strength- and flexibility-building postures, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques to address common physical complaints and mental/emotional stressors during the new-parent period.
Upcoming Class Series
Baby Yoga & Play Registration Policies
- Classes are offered in either single-date pop up classes or multi-class series with set start and end dates.
- If students must miss a class, they are welcome to attend any other appropriate weekly class as a makeup within 4 weeks of the original series, or bring a friend to class as a makeup. See makeup class FAQs for details.
- Late registration may be possible for the first third of the series. Fees automatically prorate.
- Public venue classes are limited to 14 families. Please register early. Classes with insufficient enrollment a week in advance of course start may be cancelled.
- Most appropriate for newborns (6 weeks+ recommended) to precrawlers and a favorite grown up – ie. mom, dad, grandparent, nanny. Up to two adults are welcome on weekly basis, and the same adult need not be present every time.
- No previous yoga experience necessary; be prepared/dressed for movement.
- Twins and nanny shares welcome. Two babies attending with two adults should each be registered; sibling discount is automatic. A single caregiver can absolutely bring two babies and have a great time, but because so much of this class is hands-on, we only charge for one baby. Please do one of the following:
- One caregiver registering twins should register one child and email us to add the second to the roster at no charge.
- Both families in a nanny share must register so we have proper emergency contacts and waivers signed. Both families should use the discount code NANNYSHARE50 to take half off registration and make a note on the registration of the share partner and nanny attending.
Still not sure if Baby Yoga & Play is right for you? That’s why we have a no-risk registration policy. If you attend your first class and decide it’s not a good fit, we make it easy to drop a class series. Read all of our class policies and FAQs.
Baby Yoga Frequently Asked Questions
Occasionally we offer pop up classes for families to try out a single class with no commitment. Those tend to happen at the end of a term, but Baby Yoga & Play is scheduled for semi-monthly weekend pop up classes and Family Yoga (ages 4+) is sometimes offered in that format!
Upcoming Pop Up Classes
[ai1ec tag_name=”pop-up” view=”stream”]
Get on our newsletter list to be notified when pop ups are scheduled.