In this all-levels yoga class, moms will cultivate the flexibility, concentration and strength needed during the transformative time of pregnancy and childbirth. Enjoy the community of other expecting mothers while we practice modified yoga postures, breath work, vocal toning, meditation, and relaxation. No previous yoga experience necessary.
Weekly Prenatal Yoga Classes
10-11 am Sundays on Zoom
Register for a 4- or 5-week Series - $12 per class
Classes are offered in a progressive series that builds on the previous classes. One class may be carried over into the following series or baby yoga.
Pay by the Class - $15 per class
Simply drop in as your schedule allows. Advanced reservations are appreciated but not required. Drop-in reservations may be rescheduled within 30 days of original class with 15 min advance notice.
What happens in prenatal yoga?
Yoga practice during pregnancy is designed to help moms build strength and fitness while accessing the inner resources to face the challenges of labor with confidence and calm. A typical prenatal yoga class might involve:
Strength and Fitness Work
Mindfulness & Mental Focus
Relaxation & Rest
"I want to thank Breathing Space for the amazing prenatal yoga class on Thursday nights. It was very therapeutic and provided a lot of support during my pregnancy. "
Prenatal Yoga Frequently Asked Questions
A common hesitation to signing up for a weekly class is that parents aren’t sure it will be the right fit for their child. We get that. It can be hard to even imagine a toddler or preschooler yoga or sign language class if you’ve never attended one.
That’s why we offer a No Risk Refund Policy – Register and come (or log-in) to the first class. If you notify us in writing within 24 hours of class that you will not be able to continue the session, you will pay only $20 ($15 if online) for the class you attended. (See refund policies for more information.)
Yes, one adult can bring more than one child to class. (See below for special nanny share policies)
- Baby Yoga & Play – Yes, you can bring twins. Because so much of this class hands on we charge the same for two babies as one baby if there’s only one caregiver attending. No need to register both babies, simply put them both in your account profile, sign one up, and join us. If you are bringing two adults, you must register both children. Sibling discounts will apply.
- Tot Yoga – Yes, twins, siblings. and nanny-shares are welcome, however all children between crawling-24 months must be registered and all children present must have accounts in the system. No need to register non-mobile younger siblings or share partners. They are welcome to tag along with parent/caregiver, just note them on the registration form (and have their parents create an account for them if they are not attending with a paying sibling). Sibling discounts automatically apply.See below for nanny-share discount.
- Little Family Yoga or Toddler Family Yoga– Again, twins, younger siblings, and nanny-shares are welcome. This is the age range we most often see younger siblings. All children older than 1 year must register for class. No need to register non-mobile younger siblings or share partners. They are welcome to tag along with parent/caregiver, just note them on the registration form (and have their parents create an account for them if they are not attending with a paying sibling). Sibling discounts automatically apply.See below for nanny-share discount.
- Family Yoga – Siblings up to one year younger or older than the target age range are welcome to register for Family Yoga classes. For example, 3-year-olds are welcome in classes with the stated range of 4-8 yrs. If you have any questions about the appropriateness of class for your child, please contact us. Sibling discounts are automatic.
Please contact us with any additional questions or to discuss situations that don’t fit the above scenarios.
Nanny Share Registration
All children must be added to their own parent’s account in our registration system to attend class. Please do not add an unrelated nanny-share child to your profile. Their parents must set up an account and accept our terms & conditions.
If a nanny-share misses a class, the whole share is welcome to make up class on an alternate day or parents of the enrolled students my bring the child to do a makeup on the weekend, with or without their share partner.
Class specific policies:
- Tot, Toddler or Little Family Yoga – Families registering as part of a nanny share (one caregiver bringing multiple unrelated children) are are eligible for a 10% discount with the code NANNYSHARE10. Discounts must be taken during registration and cannot be applied retroactively.
- Baby & Me Yoga – Because so much of this class hands on we charge the same for two babies as one baby if there’s only one caregiver attending. However both families in a Nanny Share registration must create accounts and be reachable in case of emergency, so both families can use the discount code NANNYSHARE50 to take half off registration.
Poses and activities are designed with toddlers/preschoolers in mind. While your instructor will likely be able to make suggestions, we expect adults to take care of their own bodies during class.
It’s rarely a problem. Pregnant moms often skip or modify belly-down poses and anything else that doesn’t feel right and adults with special conditions adjusting accordingly.
The biggest challenge is probably for adults who have significant difficulty getting up and down from the floor. I’ve had mobility-challenged caregivers, usually older nannies or grandparents, do very few of the poses with no problem. My suggestion is to try it and see how it goes.
Do note that several of our class venues are down a flight of stairs (strollers can be left locked outside). Our Saturday and Sunday class venues are handicap accessible.
We do expect parent participation. The more yoga you do in class the more your child will do.
While parents should expect to move quite a lot, we will be doing yoga appropriate for the child’s age range, so it’s probably not a workout for the grownups as compared to an adult class.
Absolutely. It sometimes takes a few weeks for our more reserved students to get comfortable enough to participate. That’s one of the reasons we offer classes in 6-10 week series rather than drop-in. Toddlers especially need time to get used to a space, a group of people and an instructor.
Even once they are comfortable, some more reserved little ones may be more watchers than doers in class. That doesn’t mean they are not learning and they may be more inclined to practice at home.
Yep. We move a ton.
Generally, if you are enrolling in a class for your child’s age, we are prepared for your child to behave in age-appropriate ways.
For Little Families Yoga (2-4 yrs), we don’t use yoga mats and instead move all over the room. Some of our students are always on the go and that’s really quite alright. Some toddlers seriously need to move in order to pay attention. Those are the students parents assure me do the yoga poses at home, just never in class. Sometimes those students join in briefly whenever their favorite activities come up and then go back to running in circles. It’s all good.
For Kids or Family Yoga (ages 3-6, or 4+), we do use mats and are beginning to learn to be on the mats for much of the class. Class is still super active, we move off mats for all sorts of games, and we don’t expect stillness from young children.
If your child has special needs, it is helpful to check in ahead of time so the instructor can be prepared and think through lessons and activities with your child’s needs in mind. We are happy to have you enroll and decide after the first class or two if it is the right fit. Again though, check in with the instructor. Parents are typically more worried about possible disruptive behavior than our yoga teachers and will work with you on strategies to help your child succeed in class.
Can I send my wife/husband/mother/grandmother/nanny/neighbor to class with my child instead of me sometimes?
Absolutely. Your child is welcome to bring any grownup they want with them to class. Up to 2 caregivers may attend class on a weekly basis. Additional visitors may attend occasionally and are encouraged to participate. Please be considerate of space constraints when bringing guests.
Yes, please do. We often have younger siblings in tow for Little Families Yoga classes. They are welcome to nap or be in arms during class. No charge for non-walking siblings, just bring them along.
Learn more about Early Childhood Yoga
We often here from parents that they are hesitant to enroll if they aren’t sure their child will enjoy a class. We get it. That’s why we have our:
No Risk Refund Policy – Not sure if a kids & family series class will be right for you or your child? Register and come to the first class. If you notify us in writing within 48 hours after the first class that you will not be able to continue the session, we refund all but $2o for that first class.
We are also very flexible about switching classes for students who have nap time shifts during the course of a series. For example, if your child is enrolled in an 11 am class and starts napping at that time, we’ll happily switch her into one of our 9 or 9:30 am classes instead.
We have several different parent-child yoga classes on our schedule and people have asked, which one should they should sign up for? To answer that, pick the best description that fits your situation:
If you have one child, pick the appropriate age range:
- newborn to almost crawling babies – Baby Yoga & Play or Infant Massage
- crawling (or almost crawling and at least 7 months old) to 1 years – Tot Yoga
- 12-24 months – Tot Yoga or Toddler Family Yoga or as a younger sibling in Little Family Yoga
- almost 2 to 4 years – Toddler Family Yoga or Little Family Yoga
- 3 yrs – Toddler Family Yoga, Prenatal Yoga or as a younger sibling in Family Yoga
- 4 yrs – Little Family Yoga or Family Yoga
- 5-10 yrs – Family Yoga
If you have a 3 year old or children in multiple age ranges, you have a choice of classes:
Toddler Family Yoga (steady walking – 35 months)
- Very active, playful class with simple movements, yoga poses, and beginning breath and body awareness exercises
- Beginning to incorporate imaginative play and simple storytelling in relation to the yoga poses and activities
- Typically only uses yoga mats as a prop or for relaxation
- Younger siblings welcome (non walking infants free)
Little Family Yoga Yoga (21 months – 4 yrs)
- Very active, playful class with age appropriate yoga poses and beginning breath and body awareness exercises
- Incorporates imaginative play and storytelling in relation to the yoga poses and activities
- Games are very simple, usually consisting of only one or two steps: jumping in and out of circles, following directions …
- Partner poses are very simple
- Typically only uses yoga mats as a prop or for relaxation
- Especially good for young 4 year olds or reserved children likely to stay close to their parent during class
- Appropriate for siblings younger than 2 to participate (may enroll at half price, non walking infants free)
Family Yoga (4-8 or 10 yrs)
- Still active and playful, in fact a bit more athletic as coordination improves,
- More imagination/pretend, more and more involved stories,
- Games become more complicated and start to have rules: move & freeze, musical mats …
- Partner poses with parents begin to be recognizable as yoga poses
- Uses mats for the majority of the class, but children will move around the room for many activities
- Appropriate for younger siblings 2.5 years and older or older siblings 10 and younger to participate (50% sibling discount, strongly recommend second adult participant when sibling is younger than 3)
- May also be appropriate for 3-year olds who’ve taken our classes for several months and would enjoy the challenge of keeping up with the big kids. By permission only.
All classes can accommodate younger or older siblings, so what do you do if both children are not within the same class age range?
You have multiple children to enroll:
- A 3-year-old and a 1-year-old – Little Family Yoga (2-4 yrs) with the younger one enrolled at half price
- A 5/6 year old and a 2.5 year old – Family Yoga (4-8 years) with the younger enrolled at half price
- A 5- and 9-year-old – Family Yoga (4-8 yrs) with the older enrolled at half price.
Sibling discounts are automatic; just sign up both children.