In order to keep summer camp affordable and conserve natural resources, we use recyclables in camp crafts whenever possible. Considering that we have some 200+ camper weeks scheduled this summer, we need a lot of stuff!
- Toilet paper and paper towel rolls (We need a ton of these over the course of the summer for everything from shaker instruments to castle towers)
- Aluminum foil or cling rap rolls (They are stronger, which we need for some projects.)
- Small snack and cereal boxes
- Formula tins, cardboard oatmeal containers, or similar (with or without lids)
- CDs (Doesn’t matter what’s on them, we’ll cover any labels)
- 1/2 and 1 gallon milk jugs (opaque plastic kind)
- Clear polystyrene take-out/salad containers (#6 plastic), larger ones preferred. (Looking for 4-6 inch squares of material.)
- Square foam take out containers – clean top lid part is best thanks (Looking to cut out flat pieces approximately 6” square) – or meat trays
- Cardboard egg cartons
- Clean tube socks or knee highs (toes/heals can be worn out)
Feel free to bring them to class or to camp between now and August 31. Please make sure everything is VERY clean. Thanks.