Please join us for Winter 2019 early childhood yoga or infant massage classes on Capitol Hill!
Early Childhood Yoga
Yoga for children supports motor skills, language acquisition, and social-emotional development while having fun. Breathing Space classes incorporate playful, age appropriate yoga poses, breathing exercises, movement games, rhythm, stories and songs for little ones and parents/caregivers to do together.
Classes begin the week of January 5 and run for 10 classes for $180 per child/caregiver pair (sibling discount 50%). No classes Martin Luther King day weekend, Presidents Day weekend, or DCPS mid-winter break (Feb 18-22). See individual class listings for details.
Little Family Yoga (2-4 yrs)
- **FULL** 10:00 AM Wed @ Shenanigans Art Space (Union Station) with Jessica
- **Start Date now 1/18/2019** 10:00 AM Fri @ Hill Center (Eastern Market) with Danielle
- **Almost Full** 9:30 AM Sat @ Capitol Hill Presbyterian Church (Eastern Market) with Jessica
- **FULL** 10:30 AM Sun @ Hill Center (Eastern Market) with Jen
Toddler Family Yoga (walking-4 yrs)
- **Start Date now 1/15/2019** 9:45 AM Tue @ St Mark’s Church (near Capitol/LOC) with Jen
- **FULL** 9:30 AM Sun (walking-3) @ Hill Center (Eastern Market) with Jen
Tot Yoga (crawling-2 yrs)
for crawling babies to 24 mo old toddlers with parent or caregiver
- 11:00 AM Wed @ Shenanigans Art Space (Union Station) with Jessica
- 8:30 AM Sat @ Capitol Hill Presbyterian Church (Eastern Market) with Jessica
Baby Yoga & Play (pre-crawling)
Baby classes are offered in shorter, 6-week, series, for $96 per baby/caregiver. No charge for second baby with single adult (See policies about nanny share registration).
- 10:45 AM Tue @ St Mark’s Church (near Capitol/LOC) with Jen, 6 week series from Feb 5-Mar 26
- noon Wed @ Shenanigans Art Space (Union Station) with Jessica, 6 week series from Jan 9-Feb 13
Baby Yoga & Play Pop Up classes
same class as our weekly offering, but single class
Massage is a great way to connect to your baby. Studies have shown infant massage can help babies sleep better, gain weight, reduce fussiness, improve health and relax. Classes at Breathing Space teach parents massage techniques in a progressive sequence over several weeks – focusing on different parts of the body each week, which provides opportunity to practice strokes at home between lessons.
- 10:45 AM Tue @ St Mark’s Church (near Capitol/LOC) with Jen, 3 week series starts Jan 15
- 11:30 AM Sun @ Hill Center (Eastern Market) with Jen, 3 week series starts Feb 3
- noon Wed @ Shenanigans Art Space (Union Station) with Jessica, 3 week series from Mar 6-20
Classes for children and families are offered in multi-week series, like semesters, and require preregistration. Drop-ins are not allowed. Read more about our class policies and why commit to a weekly class.