Yoga for Adults – All Levels, Gentle Core & Restore, Slow Flow, Prenatal, Postnatal, Yoga Trapeze
According to the National Institutes of Health and other researchers, yoga supports stress management, mood and mental health, and quality sleep while building strength and flexibility.
Our adult yoga classes feature:
- Knowledgeable, compassionate teachers,
- Customized, beginner-friendly instruction, and
- A welcoming community.
Classes offered in multi-week series to enable progressive instruction. Commit to a series or drop in when your schedule allows. Classes are appropriate for all levels, unless noted.
Weekly Yoga Classes for Adults
Register for a multi-week Series - $22 per class
Classes are offered in a progressive series that builds on the previous classes. Students make take advantage of our generous makeup policy if they miss a class in the series.
Pay by the Class - $28 per class
Simply drop in as your schedule allows. Advanced reservation required – as far as 30 days and as little as 30 min in advance. No payments are taken on site.
* All classes subject to DC fitness services tax of 6%.
Parents of children’s and family class enrollees are welcome to take adult or prenatal yoga as a makeup class – and vice versa – using the makeup scheduler. Log in to your registration account to reserve.
Register Now for Fall Classes
Classes by Semester
Our classes are offered in multi-week series. Scroll down for drop-in options. See drop-in scheduler below. Workshops and single date classes noted as such. Read our class policies here.
Click on class day-time to reveal session dates - prorated registration is available until the halfway point of the series. Pricing automatically updates.
Discounts automatically apply for reserving more than 3 classes at the same time. Commit to 8 classes to bring the price down to the same as semester registration. If you are no long able to attend your drop-in reservation, you may reschedule it by filling out our Drop-In Reschedule form (one change per individual date reserved).
Our classes run in sessions, like semesters, which vary in length depending on the season. Teaching is progressive, which means instructors build upon poses and skills from week to week, but drop-in students are welcome when appropriate and space is available.
All Levels Yoga
This class emphasizes the essential poses and alignment principles of a Hatha Yoga practice. Class will incorporate postures (asana), breath connection, meditation, and relaxation. Vinyasa sequences (moving through several poses with breath) will challenge strength, balance, and focus while moving between poses deliberately. Class may also incorporate stillness, longer holds, and wall work and exploration of alignment through use of props. Variations will be offered to enable students to customize the practice for their individual needs. Newer and more experienced practitioners welcome.
Gentle Core & Restore
The first half of this practice incorporates postures to balance core and pelvic muscles and gentle vinyasa appropriate for beginners, postpartum, or anyone looking for a slower, more meditative flow practice. The second half of practice incorporated restorative postures, using props to achieve deep relaxation. Variations will be offered to enable students to customize the practice for their individual needs. Newer and more experienced practitioners welcome.
This class is appropriate for parents recovering from childbirth and looking for a supportive class to help build strength and fitness and reduce stress.
Slow Flow Yoga
This gentle vinyasa flow class is perfect for beginners or to restore after a long day. Practice will incorporate postures (asana), breath connection, meditation, and relaxation. Vinyasa sequences (moving through several poses with breath) will challenge strength, balance, and focus while moving between poses deliberately. Class may also incorporate stillness, longer holds, wall work, and exploration of alignment through use of props. Variations will be offered to enable students to customize the practice for their individual needs. Newer and more experienced practitioners welcome.
This class incorporates traditional yoga asana, breathwork, and relaxation but is based around our YogaBody-style yoga trapeze rigs. Yoga Trapeze inversions counteract gravity, creating space and length in the spine though simple, gentle, bodyweight traction. Trapeze work also includes functional pulling and grip strength often missing in a mat-based yoga practice to create a full-body fitness routine. Read more.
In this all-levels yoga class, students will cultivate the flexibility, concentration and strength needed during the transformative time of pregnancy and childbirth. Enjoy the community of other pregnant parents while we practice modified yoga postures, breath work, vocal toning, meditation, and relaxation. No previous yoga experience necessary. Class is for the pregnant parent only unless noted. Read more.
This all-levels yoga class is designed for pregnant and postpartum parents. Students will cultivate the flexibility, concentration and strength needed during the transformative time of childbirth and new parenting. Class will incorporate modified yoga asana with an emphasis on stability, breathwork, focus and relaxation activities, and a connecting to a supportive parenting community. No previous yoga experience necessary. Class is for adults only unless noted.
This class is designed for parents recovering from childbirth and looking for a supportive class to help build strength and fitness and reduce stress. Class will incorporate modified yoga asana with an emphasis on stability, breath work, focus and relaxation activities, and a connecting to a supportive parenting community.
Generally, evening in-person and weekend classes are for the parent-only, unless noted. Weekday classes and any class over Zoom welcomes babies, but they are not the focus.
"I want to thank Breathing Space for the amazing prenatal yoga class on Thursday nights. It was very therapeutic and provided a lot of support during my pregnancy. "
Frequently Asked Questions
Children’s and family yoga (crawling babies to teen) is offered in multi-class series, like semesters, no drop-ins.
- Prices for series are a based on a $22 per class in the series, with a built-in discount for series longer than 8 weeks. For example:
- 6-week series = $13222*8
- 8 -week series = $176
- 10-week series = $200 (~10% discount)
- 12-week series = $240 (~10% discount)
Classes prorate for the first 3-4 weeks of the semester for late registrations.
Up to two (2) caregivers may attend family classes with the registered child. The same adult need not attend every week.
Classes described as kids, preteen or teen yoga or Yoga Trapeze are intended for the child participant only. We kindly request that parents not watch class to give your student the privacy to engage without worrying about you. If you have any concerns about your child’s behavior or class experience, please discuss it with the instructor. We will work with you to ensure your child has the best class possible.
Discounts (apply automatically):
- 50% off for younger siblings attending family or early childhood yoga classes: Preschooler, Little Family, Toddler or Tot Yoga.
- 10% off for siblings/family members attending the same kids, trapeze, or adult yoga class.
- Newsletter subscribers: early registration discount – Discount codes are circulated in the newsletter for folks who sign up right away when registration opens. Subscribe to be notified.
Discounts are not cumulative.
All child attendees must be enrolled with the exception of non-walking infants or siblings on school-closed days. Sibling discounts are automatic. See our nanny share discount policies.
Should you need to miss a class in your session, we have a very flexible makeup policy.
In Person Mat Classes
- Commit to a series, $22 per class
Adult class semesters vary from 6-12 weeks. Our prenatal/prenatal yoga classes are scheduled in 5-6 week minimesters.
Register for Prenatal Series
Register for Adult or Postnatal Series
Automatic 10% discount when registering 30 days in advance of the session start!
- Pay by the class, $28 per class
Our public prenatal yoga, postnatal, adult yoga, and Yoga Trapeze (adults) classes welcome drop-in students. Simply drop in as your schedule allows. Advanced reservations are appreciated but not required.
- All prices at subject to 6.75% DC fitness tax
Makeup Policies for Adult / Prenatal / Postnatal Yoga
If you miss a class, you may attend any other appropriate class one within a month.
- To schedule another in-person class during the same semester, use our makeup scheduler. Email if you have any questions.
- Parents may makeup missed classes in early childhood or family yoga or send another family member to a kids or adult class. The only class not open to makeups from other types of classes is Yoga Trapeze – only trapeze students may make up in other trapeze classes.
- Most of our classes have a few recorded classes available in the student registration portal for you to use between classes or as a makeup.
Please pay for your drop-in class or registration in advance. Our class venues have limited point-of-sale options and instructors do not accept cash. Our registration site is mobile friendly and accepts payments until 30 min before class starts. If you need to reschedule the class you have already registered for, please fill in our Drop-In reschedule Form.
What if baby comes early and I don’t get to use all my prenatal classes? Send us a note when baby is born and we’ll transfer unused class credits to your account so you can apply the value to future registrations.
Jen Mueller is an international board certified lactation consultant (IBCLC) who practices through the Breastfeeding Center and can do private consults. Breathing Space does not accept any insurance payments directly. Appointments are all self-pay. You will receive a superbill to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Medicare participants? Book through the Breastfeeding Center for full coverage of in-office appointment!
Individual Support Visits
Lactation Consultation (Self Pay, First Visit) – $180
In this 60-90-minute visit by our IBCLC will work with you to assess breastfeeding challenges, answer questions, and develop a care plan.
- 2 weeks of virtual support for follow up questions
- Baby weight check
- Insurance-friendly receipt to submit for reimbursement, subject to your plan rules.
- Travel fee may apply outside of our home service area*
- Follow up visits may be booked for $150
Weaning/Toddler Visit (babies older than 6 months) – $120
In this 45-60 minute visit, our IBCLC will discuss breastfeeding the older baby, troubleshoot challenges, and discuss strategies for continuing to nurse or weaning. Includes 2 weeks of virtual support for follow up questions
Phone/Video Consult – $60
Current clients needing to discuss issues beyond the scope of our 2-week virtual support may choose to do a follow up phone or video consult.
- 25-30 minute phone or secure video consultation for current clients only
If we establish within the first 5 minutes of a phone call that the issue merits a follow up visit instead, you will not be charged for the call. Phone consults are typically not reimbursable by insurance.
All times are approximate. We will not rush; no charges for going over estimated time.
Support packages consist of multiple services and make a great shower gift for an expecting couple:
Prenatal/Postnatal Lactation Support Package – $350
This support package is due date dependent and requires pre-authorization to confirm general availability around your expected due date. The package is both prenatal education and postnatal support to ensure you are prepared and help breastfeeding get off to the best possible start. Includes:
- Our Beyond the Bump Preparing to Breastfeed class or home study plus a 30 minute prenatal consult to answer questions,
- 2 Breastfeeding Support Home Visits, with the first ideally scheduled 4-6 days after baby’s birth,
- Virtual support for three weeks following baby’s birth, including video chat if needed.
Homebirth Support Package – $350
This support package is due date dependent and requires pre-authorization. Families who have an out-of-hospital birth benefit from the same kind of dedicated early lactation support and intervention that a hospital lactation team provides for hospital births.
- We will do an initial home visit, ideally with in 36 hours of your baby’s birth, to answer questions, work on positioning, and hopefully head off potential problems.
- Two follow up visits as needed or within one week to really make sure breastfeeding gets off to an optimal start and when baby is 4-6 weeks old discuss breastfeeding beyond the newborn period.
- Virtual support for three weeks following baby’s birth – includes text, email, and brief phone support.
- Discount of 10% off additional phone/video and follow up consults for baby’s first 6 months.
- Optional, but strongly recommended add-on: Preparing to Breastfeed ($50 per couple) or Preparing for Baby ($160) group class – 20% off regular class prices
Does not include any applicable travel fees outside our home service area.
Classes may be reimbursable by insurance and an insurance-friendly superbill will be provided upon request. Private classes with IBCLCs may fall under your lactation support benefits. Doulas cannot bill insurance for lactation benefits but would be classified as childbirth/prenatal education, so check with your insurance company for benefit details.