Baby Yoga & Play
This interactive, fun class for newborn to pre-crawling babies and their grownup(s) contains dozens of yoga-inspired movements, postures, songs, rhymes and activities designed to support baby’s development. Each class is filled with calming, nurturing ways to enhance bonding, soothe the inevitable cranky moments, and improve baby’s sleep.
What happens in baby yoga & play?
Having trouble imagining your newborn laying quietly through a yoga class? Our classes are a bit different than some others advertised as baby & me yoga. This is not designed as a parent exercise and instead is a parent-baby enrichment activity involving movement and yoga.
Developmentally Supportive Activities for Baby
Babies participate while on their backs, tummies, or held in loving arms. For grownups, this class is a special opportunity to meet other parents and caregivers, get support, and learn about baby’s emerging personality.
Movement, Mindfulness and Community for Caregivers
Grownups will also get to do a bit of postpartum-appropriate yoga themselves, including strength- and flexibility-building postures, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques to address common physical complaints and mental/emotional stressors during the new-parent period.
Upcoming Class Series
Class Venues and COVID-19 Pubic Health Precautions
Breathing Space is offering classes indoors, outdoors, and over zoom this fall. We encourage students to participate in the way that works best for their family.
We are taking the following steps help mitigate the spread of coronavirus (and other infectious diseases) during indoor classes:
- All participants 5 yrs+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination for indoor classes--no exceptions;
- Masks required for students 2 years and older;
- Class sizes are small, so there is room to spread out;
- Studio is well ventilated, with more than the recommended HVAC air-exchange rate, and we run two large air purifiers during classes;
- Students are requested to wash hands upon entry and high-touch surfaces are frequently cleaned;
- Students are expected to follow DC DOH recommendations for quarantine after COVID-19 exposure or travel.
Outdoor classes are will be cancelled/rescheduled for inclement weather. Students must bring their own mats. When appropriate distancing can be maintained, masks are optional outside.
Please don't attend class if you or anyone in your family is exhibiting COVID-like symptoms or has recently been exposed to to coronovirus.
See our full Indoor Classes Health & Safety Policies.
Baby Yoga Frequently Asked Questions
Withdrawals requested in writing will be processed and refunded as follows:
- More Than 7 Days Before Series Start: Refund issued in full minus the $5 processing fee. Fee waived when applying balance to another registration.
- More Than 48 Hours Before Series Start: Refund issued in at the No Risk Refund Policy rate or 80% minus $5 processing fee, whichever is greater.
- After The Series Start but More Than 48 hours Before the Halfway Point: Refunds will be prorated for the classes that have passed in the session, not the ones you have actually attended, and issued minus a $5 processing fee. Fee waived when applying the balance to a future registration.
- No refunds issued beyond the halfway point in a series.
Single Date Non-Camp Workshops
- More Than 7 Days Before Session/Event: Refund or credit issued in full minus a $5 or 4% processing fee (whichever is larger).
- More Than 48 Hours Before Session/Event: Refund issued in at 80% minus $5 processing fee.
- No refunds within 48 hours of an event.
Because your reservation represents a space in class or camp that was held for you and not available for purchase by other students, there are no refunds issued after the dates listed above. Under extraordinary circumstances, we will suspend registration to be used in a later session.
Student cancellations are subject to our refund policies for classes, camps, or workshops respectively.
What if Breathing space cancels?
In the event that Breathing Space Family Yoga cancels a class session or event before it starts, full refunds will be issued. If a session is cancelled due to low enrollment or other reason after it has begun, prorated refunds will be issued.
Inclement Weather Policy
We will make every effort to hold class as scheduled, even during inclement weather. If our class venue is open and an instructor can safely get there, we will very likely hold class.
Cancellations and updates will be posted on Facebook as soon as a decision is made, normally 2 hours before class. Registered students will be notified of cancellations by email or text. If the cancelled class cannot be rescheduled, credits will be issued to all registered students.
Camp 2021/22 Refund Policy Note
Because of the small group sizes, Breathing Space is very limited in ability to offer refunds. If Breathing Space cancels camp because of changing public health guidance or COVID exposures causing under enrollment before the camp day or week begins, we will offer refunds, including deposits.
School Year Camp Policies and Deadlines
- Registration may be rescheduled or credited to a future camp or class (minus $5 processing fee per camp day) until 21 days before a scheduled camp. Rescheduling is subject to space availability.
- Within 21 days of a camp day, credits are only available if a waitlisted camper takes the spot (processing fee still applies). Camps often sell out well in advance. The further in advance you tell us about your camper’s change of plans, the more likely it is that we fill your spot.
Summer Camp Policies and Deadlines
- The first $100 of camp tuition is a non-refundable deposit.
- Registration may be rescheduled or credited to a different week of summer camp (minus $5 processing fee per camp day) until May 31, 2022. Rescheduling is subject to space availability.
- After May 31, credits are only available if a waitlisted camper takes the spot (processing fee still applies).
Camps often sell out well in advance. The further in advance you tell us about your camper’s change of plans, the more likely it is that we fill your spot.
Exceptions for COVID Exposure
The only refund/credit exception we can make is for campers who are exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19 the week before the camp week begins and notify us by the Friday before. For those cases, we can offer a partial credit or transfer (minus processing fees or deposit). There will be no refunds mid-week, even if a camper must pull out of camp due to Coronavirus/COVID-19 and even if camp must be cancelled.
If these refund policies don’t work for your family, then we recommend finding a larger camp that can absorb losses from last minute cancellations.
Refunds will usually be issued by the payment card used for registration or check mailed to the address on your account profile within 30 days of refund request receipt.
If your refund is dependent on another participant taking your spot in a program and the spot isn’t immediately filled, refunds will be issued within 30 days of the scheduled program start date rather than request receipt.
We often here from parents that they are hesitant to enroll if they aren’t sure their child will enjoy a class. We get it. That’s why we have our:
No Risk Refund Policy – Not sure if a kids & family series class will be right for you or your child? Register and come to the first class. If you notify us in writing within 48 hours after the first class that you will not be able to continue the session, we refund all but $2o for that first class.
We are also very flexible about switching classes for students who have nap time shifts during the course of a series. For example, if your child is enrolled in an 11 am class and starts napping at that time, we’ll happily switch her into one of our 9 or 9:30 am classes instead.
A common hesitation to signing up for a weekly class is that parents aren’t sure it will be the right fit for their child. We get that. It can be hard to even imagine a toddler or preschooler yoga or sign language class if you’ve never attended one.
That’s why we offer a No Risk Refund Policy – Register and come (or log-in) to the first class. If you notify us in writing within 24 hours of class that you will not be able to continue the session, you will pay only for the class you attended plus a $5 admin fee. (See refund policies for more information.)