Baby & Toddler Yoga
Yoga helps babies, toddlers, and preschoolers explore movement milestones, gain confidence, build strength and fitness, learn a tool for self-regulation, connect with parents and caregivers, and set the foundation for healthy body attitudes and a fit lifestyle. Breathing Space baby, tot, and preschool classes feature a mix age-appropriate yoga poses, songs, stories and games.
We focus on:
- moving and having fun,
- exercises that enhance
- and good posture,
- brain-boosting activities, including connecting movements to words and music,
- breath awareness, and
These parent-child classes are engaging and fun, encouraging each child to embrace their own unique expression of yoga poses while supporting their development and growth (Nannies, grandparents, and other caregivers welcome too).
Tot Yoga (crawling – 24 mo)
– Crawlers & Walkers
Tot Yoga (crawling-24 months) classes are engaging and fun. We encourage each child to embrace their own unique expression of yoga poses while supporting their development and growth.
Parents and children playfully move together through poses, songs, and activities appropriate for crawlers and walkers.
Toddler Family Yoga (1 – 4 yrs)
– Walkers and Confident Movers
This class for walking toddlers to 4-year-old preschoolers draws on material from both Tot and Preschooler Yoga for this crossover age range.
“[Yoga] class is without question a highlight of our week…Our daughter was seven months when we started, and she has only grown more and more interested and engaged each week. Jen creates a warm environment for babies to play and learn, consistently introducing new concepts, exercises and experiences that make every session different. She also welcomes both parents to participate, and it has become a wonderful way for us to start our weekend together as a family.”
Little Family Yoga (21 mo – 4 yrs)
– Confident Movers
Yoga can help preschoolers (21 months-4 years) learn how to relieve frustration, improve motor skills, and increase attention span by actively following directions.
We incorporate imagination, songs, words and stories and age-appropriate postures and activities to support your preschooler’s growth and development while creating an enriching family activity.
- Classes are usually offered in multi-class series, registration required - no drop-ins.
- Occasionally we offer a single date "pop-up" trial or makeup class. Advanced registration required, enrolled students may attend pop-ups as a makeup.
- Late registration may be possible for the first 3 weeks of the semester. Fees automatically prorate.
- Student ages vary by class:
- Little Family Yoga is appropriate from 21 months through 4 years, with younger siblings welcome. Walking siblings must register; no charge for babes in arms.
- Toddler Family Yoga is appropriate from about 18 months - very steady walking - through 36 months.
- Tot Yoga is for crawling babies through 24 month old toddlers.
- Any of your child’s favorite grownups are welcome in this class – ie. mom, dad, grandparent, nanny. Up to two adults are welcome on weekly basis, and the same adult need not be present every time.
- Twins and nanny shares welcome. Sibling discount is automatic, but nanny share families should both use the code NANNYSHARE10 for 10% off.
- Public venue classes are usually limited to 12 families. Please register early. Classes with insufficient enrollment a week in advance of course start may be cancelled.
- If students must miss a class, they are welcome to attend any other appropriate class as a makeup within 4 weeks of the original series, or bring a friend to class as a makeup. See makeup class FAQs for details.
Still not sure if early childhood yoga is right for you? That’s why we have a no-risk registration policy. If you attend your first class and decide it’s not a good fit, we make it easy to drop a class series. Read all of our class policies and FAQs.
Early Childhood Yoga Frequently Asked Questions
Our children’s and family classes and some special topics are offered in multi-week series with students committing to multiple consecutive classes. There are lots of benefits to committing to a weekly class but we understand that modern life is busy and sometimes unpredictable. If you must miss a class, you have two options to make it up:
- Any family member may take any other appropriate class within 4 weeks of the scheduled series, even in advance – this means the same class on a alternate day or something different;
- If there is space in your class, you may bring a friend as your make-up class (instead of option 1). Guests need to create an account in our registration system to provide contact information and sign the waiver. Please confirm space availability with your instructor.
Which class can I take as a makeup?
Anything class that is appropriate for the family member doing the makeup class. You can even send different adult family members to do the makeup class. Students may make up in any location. For example, if you miss a baby yoga class and there isn’t another that suits your schedule, you may bring your toddler to Little Family Yoga as a make up (baby can even tag along). If you and your child miss Little Family Yoga, you may attend Baby Yoga & Play, a prenatal yoga class, or come to Baby & Toddler Singing Time (weekly class, not weekend workshop). Anytime we have a “Pop-Up” class on the schedule, that can be a makeup (pop ups must be reserved in advance).
How do I reserve a makeup class?
Our registration system has make up reservations. Log in to the system and look for makeups in the drop down menu under classes (this option only appears for registered students). See instructions here.
I really am only able to attend a couple classes, can I drop-in?
Making Up in a Pop Up ClassOccasionally we offer “Pop Up” classes not associated with a series. Advanced reservation is required. Pop ups with insufficient registration 3 days in advance may be cancelled.
Baby Yoga & Play classes are offered in 3-6-week series. Full registration required, no drop-ins.
We know it’s hard to get out of the house with a newborn, that naps are sometimes unpredictable, and life can be complicated . . . and that’s why we are requiring series registration for this class.
Committing to the whole series makes it infinitely more likely that you actually attend. It far too easy to say “oh, I’ll go next week” if you are planning on dropping in. If you end up with an unavoidable conflict, illness, or disrupted nap-time, you can take advantage of our generous makeup policy.
Make Up Options for Baby Yoga & Play
Because it’s hard to convince babies to be born and maternity leaves to be set on our schedule, we offer lots of flexibility:
- If students must miss a class, they are welcome to
- attend any other family yoga class as a makeup within the same timeframe, or
- bring a friend to class as a makeup.
See makeup class FAQs for details.
- Any of baby’s favorite grownups are welcome in this class – mom, dad, grandparent, nanny . . . and the same adult need not attend each time. Registration is for one adult-baby on a weekly basis, but occasional visitors are welcome to attend as well.
- Partial registration: If there is room in the class once the series begins, late registration will remain open for the first 1/3 of the series. Registration automatically prorates. If you can’t complete a series but can commit to 2/3 of the series in consecutive weeks – say because you are going back to work before our series ends – contact us about partial enrollment.
So what does this mean?
- If a full series conflicts with work or travel, feel free to attend multiple times a week during the weeks you can attend.
- If you are going back to work and baby will be home with a nanny or other caregiver, feel free to have them attend in your stead.
Still not sure if Baby Yoga & Play is right for you? That’s why we have a no-risk registration policy. If you attend your first class and decide it’s not a good fit, we make it easy to drop a class series. Read all of our class policies and FAQs.
Yes. If you know you will be out of town or will miss class for any reason, feel free to take your makeup class whenever it’s convenient in the same session.
We allow one makeup to carry over into a different session, within a month of the original series dates, so feel free to come a couple weeks before or after your class begins or ends.
Yoga Class Makeups
If you or your child falls into the proper age range for the desired makeup yoga class, yes you may.
Parents of registered children may take a makeup in Prenatal or Baby & Me Yoga. Your teenager can take a makeup for your toddler and vice-versa, so long as the student attends an appropriate class. Any weekly yoga class is open to make-up students, even if they are marked FULL (though please give us a heads up in that case).
No makeups in short-series or single-class workshops: Infant Massage, Baby & Me Sign Language, Beyond the Bump prenatal or postnatal workshops . . .
Weekly Yoga and Baby Sign Language Makeups
Students enrolled in weekly yoga or baby sign language series classes (6-10 weeks) may make up missed classes in another appropriate classes within 4 weeks of the original series dates.
This is quite flexible. For example, if you miss a baby yoga class and there isn’t another that suits your schedule, you may bring your toddler to Little Family Yoga as a make up. If you miss Little Family Yoga you may take a prenatal yoga class or come to Baby & Toddler Singing Time (weekly class, not weekend workshop). Anytime we have a “Pop-Up” class on the schedule, that can be a makeup (pop ups must be reserved in advance). You can even send different adult family members to do the makeup class. Students may make up in any location.
Makeup Scheduling Online
There is a makeup scheduler in the MainStreetSites registration system. You must be logged into your account for the makeup scheduler to appear and you must be enrolled in a class for makeup spots to be available.
Once you are logged in, simply choose an appropriate makeup from the classes that appear. The student drop-down must match the enrolled student. If you are sending a different student than the original enrollment, just note that in the text field.
Note that toward the end of the semester, there may not be any available makeups in your desired class. We recommend scheduling your makeup as soon as you know you will miss and when you can attend instead. Makeups do not carry over to the next semester.
Workshop Makeups: Infant Massage, Birth & Baby Series
Many of our workshops are one time events and there is no makeup option if you do not attend. See our workshop enrollment and refund policies for details.
For short series classes such as Infant Massage, Beyond the Bump, or any birth & baby series – prenatal or postnatal, students may attend the same class in a subsequent series as a makeup. Those makeups are not in the scheduler. Email us to confirm.