Baby & Toddler Yoga
Yoga helps babies, toddlers, and preschoolers explore movement milestones, gain confidence, build strength and fitness, learn a tool for self-regulation, connect with parents and caregivers, and set the foundation for healthy body attitudes and a fit lifestyle. Breathing Space baby, tot, and preschool classes feature a mix age-appropriate yoga poses, songs, stories and games.
We focus on:
- moving and having fun,
- exercises that enhance
- and good posture,
- brain-boosting activities, including connecting movements to words and music,
- breath awareness, and
These parent-child classes are engaging and fun, encouraging each child to embrace their own unique expression of yoga poses while supporting their development and growth (Nannies, grandparents, and other caregivers welcome too).
Tot Yoga (crawling – 24 mo)
– Crawlers & Walkers
Tot Yoga (crawling-24 months) classes are engaging and fun. We encourage each child to embrace their own unique expression of yoga poses while supporting their development and growth.
Parents and children playfully move together through poses, songs, and activities appropriate for crawlers and walkers.
Toddler Family Yoga (1 – 4 yrs)
– Walkers and Confident Movers
This class for walking toddlers to 4-year-old preschoolers draws on material from both Tot and Preschooler Yoga for this crossover age range.
“[Yoga] class is without question a highlight of our week…Our daughter was seven months when we started, and she has only grown more and more interested and engaged each week. Jen creates a warm environment for babies to play and learn, consistently introducing new concepts, exercises and experiences that make every session different. She also welcomes both parents to participate, and it has become a wonderful way for us to start our weekend together as a family.”
Little Family Yoga (21 mo – 4 yrs)
– Confident Movers
Yoga can help preschoolers (21 months-4 years) learn how to relieve frustration, improve motor skills, and increase attention span by actively following directions.
We incorporate imagination, songs, words and stories and age-appropriate postures and activities to support your preschooler’s growth and development while creating an enriching family activity.
- Classes are usually offered in multi-class series, registration required - no drop-ins.
- Occasionally we offer a single date "pop-up" trial or makeup class. Advanced registration required, enrolled students may attend pop-ups as a makeup.
- Late registration may be possible for the first 3 weeks of the semester. Fees automatically prorate.
- Student ages vary by class:
- Little Family Yoga is appropriate from 21 months through 4 years, with younger siblings welcome. Walking siblings must register; no charge for babes in arms.
- Toddler Family Yoga is appropriate from about 18 months - very steady walking - through 36 months.
- Tot Yoga is for crawling babies through 24 month old toddlers.
- Any of your child’s favorite grownups are welcome in this class – ie. mom, dad, grandparent, nanny. Up to two adults are welcome on weekly basis, and the same adult need not be present every time.
- Twins and nanny shares welcome. Sibling discount is automatic, but nanny share families should both use the code NANNYSHARE10 for 10% off.
- Public venue classes are usually limited to 12 families. Please register early. Classes with insufficient enrollment a week in advance of course start may be cancelled.
- If students must miss a class, they are welcome to attend any other appropriate class as a makeup within 4 weeks of the original series, or bring a friend to class as a makeup. See makeup class FAQs for details.
Still not sure if early childhood yoga is right for you? That’s why we have a no-risk registration policy. If you attend your first class and decide it’s not a good fit, we make it easy to drop a class series. Read all of our class policies and FAQs.
Early Childhood Yoga Frequently Asked Questions
Withdrawals requested in writing will be processed and refunded as follows:
- More Than 7 Days Before Series Start: Refund issued in full minus the $5 processing fee. Fee waived when applying balance to another registration.
- More Than 48 Hours Before Series Start: Refund issued in at the No Risk Refund Policy rate or 80% minus $5 processing fee, whichever is greater.
- After The Series Start but More Than 48 hours Before the Halfway Point: Refunds will be prorated for the classes that have passed in the session, not the ones you have actually attended, and issued minus a $5 processing fee. Fee waived when applying the balance to a future registration.
- No refunds issued beyond the halfway point in a series.
- Unused multi-class passes are refundable for 30 days from purchase date.
- Used passes are not refundable.
About Pass Expirations
Multi-class passes are offered at a discount of $2 per class. This is an agreement with us and with yourself that you will attend 10 classes within 6 months. Because we understand that life is unpredictable, unexpired passes may be extended for an additional 6 months for a $20 fee (effectively forgoing the discount). Passes that expired more than 90 days prior may also be extended but may be subject to additional fees if our prices have increased since your pass was purchased.
Single Date Non-Camp Workshops
- More Than 7 Days Before Session/Event: Refund or credit issued in full minus a $5 or 4% processing fee (whichever is larger).
- More Than 48 Hours Before Session/Event: Refund issued in at 80% minus $5 processing fee.
- No refunds within 48 hours of an event.
Because your reservation represents a space in class or camp that was held for you and not available for purchase by other students, there are no refunds issued after the dates listed above. Under extraordinary circumstances, we will suspend registration to be used in a later session.
Student cancellations are subject to our refund policies for classes, camps, or workshops respectively.
What if Breathing space cancels?
In the event that Breathing Space Family Yoga cancels a class session or event before it starts, full refunds will be issued. If a session is cancelled due to low enrollment or other reason after it has begun, prorated refunds will be issued.
Inclement Weather Policy
We will make every effort to hold class as scheduled, even during inclement weather. If our class venue is open and an instructor can safely get there, we will very likely hold class.
Cancellations and updates will be posted on Facebook and Twitter as soon as a decision is made, normally 2 hours before class. Registered students will be notified of cancellations by email. If the cancelled class cannot be rescheduled, credits will be issued to all registered students.
School Year / Day-off Camp
Registration may be rescheduled or credited to a future camp or class (minus $5 processing fee) until 21 days before a scheduled camp. Rescheduling is subject to space availability.
Within 21 days of a camp day, credits are only available if a waitlisted camper takes the spot (processing fee still applies). Camps often sell out well in advance. The further in advance you tell us about your camper’s change of plans, the more likely it is that we fill your spot.
Registrations cancelled before May 31 will be issued as a refund minus the $100 non-refundable portion of tuition or credited to any other available camp week or program for a $5 processing fee.
Refunds and credits will only be issued after May 31 if a waitlisted camper takes the available spot. Switching weeks is still be option, space permitting, but the $100 deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable at this point.
If Breathing Space cancels a camp due to under-enrollment, inclement weather, or other emergency, registrants will have the option of applying a credit or taking a refund.
Because your reservation represents a space in camp that was held for you and not available for purchase by other campers, there are no refunds issued after the dates listed above.
Edit 01/07/19: We’ve had a rash of refund requests for day off camp right at the previous 14-day deadline, which was very disruptive because that is also our final staffing and camp-cancellation deadline. Within two weeks of camp, parents need to know that we have sufficient enrollment to run and staff need to confirm their work plans. We do not want campers holding a spot in camp unless they are planning to use it. Consequently we ended refunds for day off camps, credit only, and pushed the deadline back by a week.
Refunds will usually be issued by check mailed to the address on your account profile within 30 days of refund request receipt.
If your refund is dependent on another participant taking your spot in a program and the spot isn’t immediately filled, refunds will be issued within 30 days of the scheduled program start date rather than request receipt.
We often here from parents that they are hesitant to enroll if they aren’t sure their child will enjoy a class. We get it. That’s why we have our:
No Risk Refund Policy – Not sure if a kids & family series class will be right for you or your child? Register and come to the first class. If you notify us in writing within 48 hours after the first class that you will not be able to continue the session, we refund all but $2o for that first class.
We are also very flexible about switching classes for students who have nap time shifts during the course of a series. For example, if your child is enrolled in an 11 am class and starts napping at that time, we’ll happily switch her into one of our 9 or 9:30 am classes instead.