Early Childhood Yoga – Crawling through 4 years
Yoga helps babies, toddlers, and preschoolers explore movement milestones, gain confidence, build strength and fitness, learn a tool for self-regulation, connect with parents and caregivers, and set the foundation for healthy body attitudes and a fit lifestyle. Breathing Space baby, tot, and preschool classes feature a mix age-appropriate yoga poses, songs, stories and games.
We focus on:
- moving and having fun,
- exercises that enhance
- and good posture,
- brain-boosting activities, including connecting movements to words and music,
- breath awareness, and
These parent-child classes are engaging and fun, encouraging each child to embrace their own unique expression of yoga poses while supporting their development and growth (Nannies, grandparents, and other caregivers welcome too).
- Classes are usually offered in multi-class series, registration required - no drop-ins.
- Late registration may be possible for the first 3 weeks of the semester. Fees automatically prorate.
- Public venue classes are usually limited to 12 families. Please register early. Classes with insufficient enrollment a week in advance of course start may be cancelled.
- Any of your child’s favorite grownups are welcome in this class – ie. mom, dad, grandparent, nanny. Up to two adults are welcome on weekly basis, and the same adult need not be present every time.
- Siblings, twins, and nanny shares welcome. Sibling discount is automatic, but nanny share families must register individually and should both use the code NANNYSHARE10 for 10% off. Read more.
- If students must miss a class, they are welcome to attend any other appropriate class as a makeup during the same semester, or bring a friend to class as a makeup. See makeup class FAQs for details.
- Occasionally we offer a single date "pop-up" trial or makeup class. Advanced registration required, enrolled students may attend pop-ups as a makeup.
Still not sure if early childhood yoga is right for you? That’s why we have a no-risk registration policy. If you attend your first class and decide it’s not a good fit, we make it easy to drop a class series. Read all of our class policies and FAQs.
Class Descriptions & Age Ranges
Tot Yoga (crawling - 24 mo)
Tot Yoga classes are engaging and fun for crawlers and walkers. We encourage each child to embrace their own unique expression of yoga poses while supporting their development and growth.
Parents and children playfully move together through poses, songs, and activities appropriate for crawlers and walkers.
Little Family Yoga (21 mo - 4 yrs)
Yoga can help toddlers and preschoolers learn how to relieve frustration, improve motor skills, and increase attention span by actively following directions.
We incorporate imagination, songs, words and stories and age-appropriate postures and activities to support your preschooler’s growth and development while creating an enriching family activity.
Toddler Family Yoga (confident walking - 3 yrs)
This class for walking toddlers to 4-year-old preschoolers draws on material from both Tot and Little Family Yoga for this crossover age range.
“[Yoga] class is without question a highlight of our week...Our daughter was seven months when we started, and she has only grown more and more interested and engaged each week. Jen creates a warm environment for babies to play and learn, consistently introducing new concepts, exercises and experiences that make every session different. She also welcomes both parents to participate, and it has become a wonderful way for us to start our weekend together as a family.”
Early Childhood Yoga Frequently Asked Questions
Can we do a trial class or drop into a Tot, Preschooler, Family, Kids or Tween Yoga class occasionally?
Nope, sorry. We don’t offer drop-in options for classes for crawling or older children or trial classes during the regular session.
Children really do need the consistency of a weekly class both for comfort and so they can best learn and drop-ins can be disruptive to the class routine. Read more. Since it often takes several classes for a child to settle in, dropping in once is not really the best indicator of whether your child will enjoy class.
However, we get that it can be tough to commit to a class when you can’t imagine what happens or how your child will react, so:
- We have a no-risk refund policy. If you register for a class and decide for any reason it’s a bad fit for you, your child, or your schedule, and you decide early in the series, you can drop the class and get a prorated refund. See details.
- We occasionally offer trial/drop-in days, when the teacher will spend a little extra time explaining the class routine and parents get a chance to see a class in action.
We also understand that life is unpredictable and have a generous makeup policy for families that wish to commit to a series but know they will miss a class or two.
Occasionally we offer pop up classes for families to try out a single class with no commitment. Those tend to happen at the end of a term, but Baby Yoga & Play is scheduled for semi-monthly weekend pop up classes and Family Yoga (ages 4+) is sometimes offered in that format!
Upcoming Pop Up Classes
[ai1ec tag_name=”pop-up” view=”stream”]
Get on our newsletter list to be notified when pop ups are scheduled.