In this all-levels yoga class, moms will cultivate the flexibility, concentration and strength needed during the transformative time of pregnancy and childbirth. Enjoy the community of other expecting mothers while we practice modified yoga postures, breath work, vocal toning, meditation, and relaxation. No previous yoga experience necessary.
click on class day-time to reveal session dates - prorated registration is available until the halfway point of the series.
About COVID-19 Precautions
Breathing Space requires proof of vaccination for all in-person classes for participants ages 5+ and masks indoors depending on community spread levels. Required in prenatal for levels of yellow/medium or higher. See our full public health precautions policy.
Weekly Prenatal Yoga Classes
Register for a 4- to 6-week Series - $18 per class
Classes are offered in a progressive series that builds on the previous classes. One class may be carried over into the following series or baby yoga.
Pay by the Class - $24 per class
Simply drop in as your schedule allows. Advanced reservation required – as far as 30 days and as little as 30 min in advance. No payments are taken on site.
* All prenatal classes subject to DC fitness services tax of 6%. Please note that participants of in-person classes must show proof of COVID vaccination and masks are required for participants 2 yrs and older according to DC regulations.
What happens in prenatal yoga?
Yoga practice during pregnancy is designed to help moms build strength and fitness while accessing the inner resources to face the challenges of labor with confidence and calm. A typical prenatal yoga class might involve:
Strength and Fitness Work
Mindfulness & Mental Focus
Relaxation & Rest
"I want to thank Breathing Space for the amazing prenatal yoga class on Thursday nights. It was very therapeutic and provided a lot of support during my pregnancy. "
Prenatal Yoga Frequently Asked Questions
In this all-levels yoga class, students will cultivate the flexibility, concentration and strength needed during the transformative time of pregnancy and childbirth. Enjoy the community of other pregnant parents while we practice modified yoga postures, breath work, vocal toning, meditation, and relaxation. No previous yoga experience necessary.
Read more about prenatal yoga.
The following props are recommended for our prenatal yoga class:
- Yoga mat;
- At least one yoga blanket, or dense blanket (wool, heavy cotton, tight weave polyester);
- Two yoga blocks or equivalent sturdy approximately 9 x 4 x 5 inch objects;
- A yoga strap, marshal arts belt, shower robe belt, tie, or other sturdy 4-5 ft piece of thin cloth or rope;
- A small towel or two are really useful;
- A bolster or cushions for relaxation
Don’t have “official” yoga props? No worries. Read some tips for DIY props here.