Research in yoga in both studio and school settings is beginning to show measurable benefits for kids.
“Children who practice yoga may not only be better able to regulate their emotions, manage stress and calm themselves, studies now show that they may also choose better foods to eat and engage in more physical activity than children who do not,” writes Mira Binzen in her article Yoga for Children–Now Proven Effective!
Yoga & Mindfulness Classes
Yoga class encourages children and teens to move creatively in a non-competitive environment while honoring each student’s unique expression of the poses.
Breathing Space classes incorporate age-appropriate poses, breathing, movement and mindfulness games, concentration and focus techniques, and relaxation. Classes often revolve around a philosophical or natural theme and sometimes include discussion, art, or journaling.
Weekly Class Descriptions
See also: Family Yoga, which is structured like a kids class with more of an emphasis on partner poses that parents and children can do together. All our Early Childhood Yoga (0-4 yrs) classes are family classes.
Upcoming Class Series
Weekly Class Registration Policies
- Class for children and teens are offered in multi-week series OR single date workshops. No drop-ins for multi-week classes.
- Most public venue classes are limited to 14 students. Please register early. Classes with insufficient enrollment a week in advance of course start may be cancelled.
- If student in a multi-week series must miss a class, they are welcome to attend any other appropriate class as a makeup within 4 weeks of the original series, or bring a friend to class as a makeup. See makeup class FAQs for details.
- Late registration may be possible for the first third of the semester. Fees automatically prorate.
- Refund policies for single-date or short series workshops are different than refund policies for semester-long classes.
Sometimes it simply makes more sense for yoga to come to your child. Breathing Space Family Yoga instructors are available to teach classes at your home, school, daycare or other venue.
Afterschool or Enrichment Yoga Classes
School-based class might be offered as extra-cirrikculars or during the regularly scheduled day. Learn more about scheduling a class at your child's school
Homeschool Yoga Classes
Homeschooler classes might be on our public schedule, so anyone can register, or for a private homeschool group, at their venue or one we organize.