Thank you for your interest in bringing yoga and mindfulness program to students at your school or youth centered organization!
Below is information about our programs based off of some of our most frequently asked questions.
Bring Kids/Teen Yoga to Your Location
Breathing Space Family Yoga instructors are also available to teach adults, children, or families at your home, business, school, daycare or other venue. We do one time events, such as birthday parties, as well as ongoing classes, in a variety of settings:
- School Enrichment Programs (before school or after-school programs)
- Recreation Centers/Teen Centers
- Summer Camps
- Birthday parties
- Family and community events
- Grades served: Toddler-12th grade
- Class Duration: 20 minutes – 1.25 hour (dependent on grade level, see chart below)
- Program Length: individual event or 6-12 week series (flexible based on your needs)
Breathing Space Yoga & Mindfulness Classes
Yoga helps children learn techniques for concentrating, reducing stress, and connecting to their bodies in a loving way while having fun. Our classes incorporate age-appropriate poses, breathing, movement games, creative expression, music, art and relaxation.
Instructors are provided with lesson plans and use their own creativity to create engaging classes by incorporating games, stories, or arts and crafts activities into classes. Classes often revolve around a philosophical or natural theme and always include some form of quiet relaxation.
Breathing Space instructors have:
- Experience with and enthusiasm for working with kids;
- Many instructors have completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training and/or have practiced yoga for years;
- Many instructors have received a kids/teen yoga certification training;
- Completed a background check and all other requirements specific to the location they are teaching.
How We’ll Work Together
What your school or organization can expect from Breathing Space Instructors and Staff:
- Quality and age-appropriate instruction;
- Open and frequent communication and check-ins.
What Breathing Space expects from schools and organizations:
- A quiet indoor space that is clear or can be easily made clear of distractions and unnecessary furniture (classrooms or music rooms work great);
- An appropriate number of students participating;
- An on-site point of contact.
What we work out on a case by case basis:
- Mats and storage space for mats if necessary.
Program Length & Number of Students
- Breathing Space offers sessions ranging from 6-12 weeks (we’re flexible based on your schedule and budget).
- Below are our recommendations for the duration of the class based on grade level.
|Grade Level||Class Duration||Minimum & Maximum # of Students|
|Toddler-PK||20 – 30 minutes||Min 6 Max: 10*|
|PK-K||30 minutes – 1 hour||Min: 8 Max: 12*|
|K-5th||45 minutes – 1 hour||Min: 8 Max:12*|
|6th – 12th||1 hour||Min: 8 Max:15*|
*These are typical minimum and maximum numbers. If a teacher from your school will be present in class or it’s in your budget to pay for an additional instructor, we can accommodate more students.
Pricing & Registration
Our pricing depends on how payment is arranged, the number of students, and the length of the class series. Example prices from recent classes or events:
- $85 per 45-min class for 12-class series for children paid by check from the school;
- $144 per child for a 12-class series for children paid by parents individually through our online registration system;
- $200 for a one-hour event class larger than 12 students.
We are committed to making yoga as accessible as possible to as many students as possible, so are willing to work with programs on creative arrangements or funding options.
To request a school yoga and mindfulness classes, please complete the Program Request Form below.
Contact us if you have questions about setting up a class at your home, child’s school, or other venue and are not ready to complete the request form.
What to Expect Next….
Once you complete the Program Request Form:
- We’ll be in touch with you to further discuss pricing based on your request and answer any questions you may have about our programs;
- Once you decide to move forward, we’ll send you a contract to sign and return;
- Confirm specific site logistics for us to share with your Breathing Space instructor and we’ll provide you with information about your instructor.